FANDOM

• Today I was undoing a vandalistic edit when the editor suddenly told me the edit was already undone and the log showed that somehow I had locked comments to administators only.

I can't find any option to change the comments' status and other forums I found said this feature isn't available on an article by article basis in Fandom.

I'd also like to point out that even as a sysop I cannot comment on that page and all other pages in the wiki are fine.

The page in question

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Loading editor
    • Per-page article comment disabling is not available on the legacy platform but it was recently made available on UCP. When you edit the page, the bottom editor bar should have a checkbox for enabling/disabling comments. Note that some users have had a buggy experience with this feature. It may take a few tries before the setting is properly changed.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Per-page article comment disabling is not available on the legacy platform but it was recently made available on UCP. When you edit the page, the bottom editor bar should have a checkbox for enabling/disabling comments. Note that some users have had a buggy experience with this feature. It may take a few tries before the setting is properly changed.

Oh yes, the commenting checkbox, the name makes it sound like it means if you want to add a comment to the edit or not, I feel like this kind of permission should be placed next to the other ones not in the editor to avoid confusion

Loading editor
    • Yes, if you think this is an awful UI, you're not wrong.

Loading editor
    • I still disagree. You are enabling a feature, not protecting the page. They probably put it there to minimize the difference from the legacy platform which has a similarly placed option for user blogs.

Loading editor
    • I disagree with your disagreement. You are not enabling a feature by disabling or enabling comments on an individual page. The Article comments feature is already enabled, so it is almost exactly like a form of page protection. Having to edit a page to change the comments status is stupid.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.