FANDOM

• Hey gang!

Lots of stuff released this week, so let's dive in...

Very long edit summaries

The bug causing edits with very long summaries to not display correctly on Recent Changes has been fixed.

Editor preference de-sync

The editor preference de-sync between legacy and UCP was corrected. As a result of the fix, some of your editor preferences did get changed.

Blogs in Recent Changes when blogs are disabled

A bug causing weird Recent Changes artifacts to appear for old blogs made before blogs were disabled on a particular wiki has been corrected.

Anon wall message bug

Anonymous users can no longer edit message wall posts when anonymous contributions are disabled. This was caused by a permissions bug, which has been corrected.

importArticles works again

An urgent fix for importArticles was applied and it now works correctly again.

FormatNum fixed

FormatNum was not working correctly, due to the function being baked into MediaWiki and then conflicting with the now deprecated FormatNum extension that we had ported over from legacy. We disabled the deprecated extension.

Article Comments permissions fixed

Anonymous users can no longer make comments on wikis with anonymous contributions disabled.

Localized login fix

The login page no longer displays as English for non-English users entering it from the global navigation entry point.

License dropdown fix

The license dropdown in the upload modal on Special:NewFiles works again!

Upcoming and Known Issues

• LINK SUGGEST IS OUT OF QA AND SLATED FOR RELEASE ON TUESDAY!!!!! Some of you know this feature as AutoComplete.
    • Gadgets are currently read-only due to a content review bug which affects them. Once the bug is fixed, we will turn off read-only for them and let you get back to editing them.
    • Some message wall migrations broke halfway through, due to incredible content volume. There is currently an urgent fix in the works.

Progress

As of Monday, the UCP was serving 50% of all pageviews on the Fandom and Gamepedia wiki networks. This is a major milestone for migrations, which are set to reach 90% pageviews at the end of the month.

A Personal Note

Yesterday, the Community Manager who inspired me to get into this field, David "DeeJ" Dague, announced he was leaving Bungie after exactly 9 years of service as a member of the Destiny community team. A lot of what you have seen here in the past 18 months and on Gamepedia since 2017 for communications and community management are inspired by his style, which is seriously top-notch. He even wrote me a personal reference that I submitted along with my resume when I applied to be the Community Manager for Gamepedia.

If you have somebody who inspires you to take chances and explore new worlds, take a moment to tell them how much you appreciate them.

A Random Observation

For the first time in two months, Andrewds1021 didn't get the last word on the previous thread before I closed it for the next one. It's weird not seeing the Earth profile picture atop the list.

Loading editor
    • Thanks again for all the great work!

Also I clai first response

Loading editor
    • Well, this is good. I can't express my excitement for my wiki to be migrated.

Loading editor
    • Its really good to see all these updates, eagerly awaiting for the Link Suggest.

Loading editor
    • Next Release Highlight: "Fixed Andrewds1021's username from the previous Release Highlight."

Loading editor
    • Great updates as usual!

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 has the same avatar as HumansCanWinElves, so sometimes it isn't Andrewds1021.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      Andrewds1021 has the same avatar as HumansCanWinElves, so sometimes it isn't Andrewds1021.

It was indeed Andrewds1021 though.

Andrewds1021
        Loading editor
    • Bah 4 in a row? I would have expected better of Andrews1021... lets go for 20!

Loading editor
    • Very very hyped for Link Suggest! Most anticipated editing feature for sure.

Loading editor
    • Looking forward to UCP, thanks alot for the importArticles fix!

Loading editor
    • I understand that this is an issue in newer versions of MediaWiki - I'm actually planning to submit a complaint to the developers - but it is really annoying how users with the (deletedhistory) and (deletedtext) permissions can't view deleted revisions that they can't (undelete) such as MediaWiki messages that are not whitelisted.

I really hope that a fix is being looked into. Originally I thought this was a Fandom specific issue. But I checked on Miraheze to see if the same issue existed there, and the same issue did exist.

Loading editor
    • Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the upcoming fixes!

Loading editor
    • First, I would like to apologize for disappointing you all. There was about 1 hour 49 minutes between the last post in the previous thread and when it was closed. That should have been more than enough time for me to sneak in one more post. I promise that I will put more effort into sniping the honor of the last comment moving forward. However there are multiple factors involved and I cannot guarantee that it will always happen.

Now to air my grievance. MisterWoodhouse, you couldn't have waited another 2 page creations to make your post? I understand this list of updates is exciting but I think it would have been so much better if the page ID was 2020202 instead of what it currently is.

All joking aside, that is a very nice list of fixes. Every bit of improvement is definitely appreciated. However, I do have some questions about remaining issues.

importArticles

Are there plans to support interwiki JS imports again? I know imports from the Fandom Developers Wiki work but it seems that UCP wikis can't import JS from any other wiki; even other UCP wikis. The import script just prints some message about not being able to find the requested page.

Localized Login

I am guessing this has nothing to do with UCP but what about non-English logins being shown for English users? It doesn't happen too often but from time to time it will show me the login in some other language. A few months back, I got it in Spanish and earlier today I got it in Chinese (I think that's what it was). The login sessions before and after had no such issue and I don't recall visiting any Chinese sites in the time in-between.

Feeds

1. So, would it be possible to make the avatar of anons in message wall posts link to their non-existent user page instead of Message_Wall:Null? I know it seems like a pointless detail but at least then you can tell what their IP address is.
      2. Since anons can now use blog comments and message walls in addition to article comments, will Special:UserProfileActivity be implemented for their social activity? I know it can be seen using Special:SocialActivity but I assume that page keeps logs for only a certain amount of time like Special:RecentChanges does. Or perhaps that assumption is wrong?
      3. Is there any update on Special:UserProfileActivity on converted wikis? On all of the converted wikis I have tried it on, it just loads indefinitely and never actually shows anything.
        Loading editor
    • 2014 December 2 Update vs UCP Fandom, what's the difference in global navigation?

Loading editor
    • 180.191.95.8 wrote: 2014 December 2 Update vs UCP Fandom, what's the difference in global navigation?

That Gamepedia is also using it.

Loading editor
    • This is a stupid idea, but I think this community would benefit if an announcement with this thread was made as it would draw more attention to these changes. 

Loading editor
    • This is a regularly, (usually) weekly update. They make announcement for the bigger blogs.

Loading editor
    • Also, announcements are send only to those who have edited on the wiki within the last 90 days. I assume most users who are interested in keeping updated on these matters and have edited within the last 90 days come here at least weekly.

Edit:

If I recall correctly, you should be able to follow the board and then you will get email notifications when a new thread is posted on it. At least, that is what others have said. I have never tested this claim.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: If I recall correctly, you should be able to follow the board and then you will get email notifications when a new thread is posted on it. At least, that is what others have said. I have never tested this claim.

You can, but then you'll be notified for any single reply on the board.

Also this will expire with the upcoming migration to Discussions.

Side note: I am honored to share the avatar picture with the famous user Andrewds1021, even not getting those last posts myself...

Loading editor
    • @Nam

Still, MisterWoodHouse closes the previous thread as soon as he makes a new one, so it's not particularly a big deal that you get a notification every time someone replies to a thread

I'm not sure why you'd want to enable email notifications when you can just use ?action=watch to get notifications on the navbar, though

Loading editor
    • While I find announcements annoying in general, if there was a way to announce these heavily UCP-oriented technical updates on all UCP wikis, that might be a good idea. It would also be a clear ray of hope for those admins struggling alone with UCP issues.

Loading editor
    • HumansCanWinElves, thanks for that bit of info.

Parkour2906, by "navbar", are you talking about the envelope icon? If so, that wouldn't help in regards to getting notified about new threads; I don't think.

Fandyllic, I am not sure that many admins actually care. As many requests as we get here, I am guessing it is an extremely small portion of the total number of wikis that are on UCP. That said, it could probably be done using banner notifications.

Loading editor
    • I found another possible bug.

Anonymous users are once again able to make edits to pages even when the feature to do so has been disabled on the wikia.

So instead of only registered users being the only ones able to make changes, it seems that unregistered and anonymous users can make edits once more.

I'm not sure how many migrated wikia's this has effected, but I have noticed that several of them seem to have this problem.

Which means that disabling Anonymous editing no longer works.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      HumansCanWinElves, thanks for that bit of info.

Parkour2906, by "navbar", are you talking about the envelope icon? If so, that wouldn't help in regards to getting notified about new threads; I don't think.

Fandyllic, I am not sure that many admins actually care. As many requests as we get here, I am guessing it is an extremely small portion of the total number of wikis that are on UCP. That said, it could probably be done using banner notifications.

Yes, the envelope icon.

using ?action=watch on a board allows you to get notifications every time a new post is made on that board. This includes when new threads are posted.

Loading editor
    • SageM, could you give a link to an example page? If what you say is true, I can almost guarantee you it is a bug.

Parkour2906, that is interesting. I would not have thought that it would give you message notification for new threads. I assumed is was just an email notification.

Loading editor
    • Summary of problems regarding anon users:

• Have no UserProfileActivity page to track their MW messages and article/blog comments.
      • Their MW messages have no indication which IP posted the message.
      • Comments do have an indication but it's hard to use or even to realize (avatar picture links to their non-existing userpage, displaying an error message).
      • No way to message them.
      • (Recently reported as able to edit pages on wikis they aren't supposed to.)
        Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:

Parkour2906, that is interesting. I would not have thought that it would give you message notification for new threads. I assumed is was just an email notification.

No it actually gives you a notification for every new thread; that's how I keep finding these things

Loading editor
    • Autocomplete for the "VE - Source"?! That would be awesome!

Loading editor
    • It looks like the Preferences conflict wasn't really solved.

Indeed, setting UCP preffered editor to "Source Editor" does not affect the legacy preffered editor.

However, settign legacy prefferd editor to either Classic or Source resets the UCP editor to Visual.

You can then re-change UCP editor to Source, but then any further save you do on legacy Preferences (for example changing timezone) will set your UCP editor back to Visual.

In addition, "Enable view source on threads" is still in double-sided conflict.

Loading editor
    • HumansCanWinElves wrote: It looks like the Preferences conflict wasn't really solved.

Indeed, setting UCP preffered editor to "Source Editor" does not affect the legacy preffered editor.

However, settign legacy prefferd editor to either Classic or Source resets the UCP editor to Visual.

You can then re-change UCP editor to Source, but then any further save you do on legacy Preferences (for example changing timezone) will set your UCP editor back to Visual.

In addition, "Enable view source on threads" is still in double-sided conflict.

What it does to me:

• Setting UCP editor to Visual mode sets Legacy Editor to Visual
      • Setting UCP editor to Source mode does not affect Legacy Editor
      • Setting UCP editor to Visual - Source mode sets Legacy Editor to Source Mode
      • Setting Legacy Editor to Source Mode sets UCP editor to Visual - Source Mode
      • Setting Legacy Editor to Visual mode sets UCP editor to Visual Mode
      • Setting Legacy editor to RTE mode does not affect UCP Editor

So changing preferences on Legacy while source mode is your editor sets your UCP editor to the 2017 Visual Mode Source Editing Mode (Aka Visual Editor - source mode)

Loading editor
    • Report it... they were supposed to do a better fix, but they didn't.

Loading editor
    • Well, at least the linking makes more sense than it did before.

Loading editor
    • Well this is a giant step from before... but it’s still confusing. Also, did I tell you that there are mystery buttons and I have to press them to know what they are? Um, I believe that UCP should be accessible to ALL users, right?

Loading editor
    • Also, there are some mystery buttons.

Loading editor
    • could you explain where you're seeing these mystery buttons?

Loading editor
    • Message walls, replies, discussions, etc etc.

Loading editor
    • Those are just basic layout buttons of the Feeds. Mouseover should explain them.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: Those are just basic layout buttons of the Feeds. Mouseover should explain them.

Mouseover? And I use an Apple device, specifically, an iPad.

Loading editor
    • FYI, there are these Apple devices called Macs... FANDOM staff is to blame for your confusion, so you should direct your complaints to them.

Loading editor
    • Another thing related to UCP. There's a "follow" button for article and blog comments, but it doesn't seem to give you notifications at all. Not sure if this issue is already well-known, but looking forward to a fix soon.

Loading editor
    • Sophia0306 wrote:

Tupka217 wrote: Those are just basic layout buttons of the Feeds. Mouseover should explain them.

Mouseover? And I use an Apple device, specifically, an iPad.

Well, there is Help:Discussions but that doesn't talk about the bar that site at the bottom of the edit area. To cover it briefly, the bar has a collapsed and an expanded state. Working from right to left in the collapsed state, the first icon inserts an image. The next icon inserts a link to a webpage. The vertical line is simply there to visually separate the bar into two parts. The ">" indicates that the bar is collapsed. The "T" is what you click to expand the bar (">" will change to "<") to get more options. Now lets go over the additional icons in the expanded bar. "B" makes text bold and "I" makes text italicized. The other icons are for making a bulleted list, a numbered list, and preformatted text.

Preformatted text looks something like this.

Loading editor
    • The top bar is back on UCP, Yes!!!!

Loading editor
    • Issue Report:

• For mobile browser users: Upon editing, most editors may encounter opening the mobile keyboard with the ?useskin=oasis UCP editor may cover the whole editing input area (thus Wikitext Toolbar and Describe what you changed boxes does not even have a Expand/Collapse button).
      • Upon adding/uploading videos to the wiki, black borders from top to bottom appeared automatically. It must have no black borders added after uploading.

Feature Ideas:

• The "Add features and media", "Categories" and "Templates" features from the Legacy platform's editing must brought back in the next UCP update release.
      • The "Multiple Images Upload" must brought back, including the addition of selecting Licensing and Category tags without the need of adding categories of individual images.
        Loading editor
    • As request in the other thread, please provide a link so we can see what you are talking about. What black borders? Where?

Which "Add features and media", "Categories", and "Templates" features are you talking about? The visual mode has button for each of those.

Loading editor
    • Well, I’m using Voice Over because (a) if you notice here, I’m unable to tell what’s preformatted and what’s not. And (b) it’ll just say “image” and nothing else. And (c) I’m visually impaired, so some features might be inaccessible to me than what normal people would experience.

Loading editor
    • I suppose incompatibility with voice over programs should be fixed at some point. However, I don't see how we would notice that you can't tell what is preformatted and what isn't. It isn't like we are watching your read the comments and we aren't psychic.

Loading editor
    • Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong; however, there may be some caching issues in regards to ImportJS which will needs to be resolved. A lot of people are using my WikiActivity script and the script does not load for a few days or so. Was it intentional?

Loading editor
    • I am pretty sure that is not intentional. UCP seems to have a lot of caches that don't update as frequently as they should.

Loading editor
    • My another thing is most of the Desktop special pages and miscellaneous pages (Recent Changes, Profile, Message Wall, Editing Page, etc.) in mobile browser experience in the UCP must be resized and zoomed out by default as in the Legacy platform.

Loading editor
    • Ultimate Dark Carnage wrote:
      Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong; however, there may be some caching issues in regards to ImportJS which will needs to be resolved. A lot of people are using my WikiActivity script and the script does not load for a few days or so. Was it intentional?

There's an overall cache issue that is being worked on right now.

Loading editor
    • What cache?

Loading editor
    • Cache, in vague, means that some of the information of the website is not updated all the time but every so often or whenever needed. And there could be problems about the interval time or about recognizing the need.

Loading editor
    • To add just a bit...

When the interval is too long or there is an issue where the need to update the info is not recognized, then users see an older version of the content. This can cause "Help! I made a change but it didn't save/work/change" posts.

Loading editor
    • I've been seeing problems that look like more than just cache issues... I got a "Guru meditation number" error at one point which is much more serious.

Loading editor
    • Just explored the Link Suggest function - a really big surprise. Thank you for that feature! Now I just need a funtion to upload multiple images WITH setting the licence, because that's what I really miss from the old wiki software (I had to upload 60 images 2 days ago, and I had to do the same procedure for every single image).

Loading editor
    • It's really nice to have LinkSuggest back!

I'm having a minor issue where empty LinkSuggest boxes appear. This is especially noticeable when the text insertion caret is after a pipe in the link or template syntax. For example, [[File:Example.jpg|thumb‸]] does this.

If it's checking for page titles starting with File:Example.jpg|thumb, then the box of 0 results should be hidden, right? But I'm not totally sure that that's the intended behavior, either.

Loading editor
    • That's a known issue. Since the overall feature works, it wasn't a reason to delay implementation.

Loading editor
    • I know, but I’m still trying to figure it out... and what did I miss?

Loading editor
    • Sophia0306 wrote: I know, but I’m still trying to figure it out... and what did I miss?

I would advice you to open a new thread on the forum to ask for personalized support. This thread is intended for bringing up issues that are related to the original message.

Loading editor
    • We don't have much to highlight this week for UCP release notes. Mostly some back-end stuff, some staff tool fixes, etc.

We did, however, implement a major performance fix yesterday, so the performance issues you experiences the past week have been resolved. There was a broken server out there and phasing it out cleared up a major source of instability and error.

Loading editor
    • I was just playing around with TemplateData and noticed a few things.

1. The "manage templatedata" module launcher remains visible after closing the editor. You have to refresh the page to make it go away. Fortunately, clicking the button doesn't work so at least you can't accidentally access the module when you aren't editing.
      2. When inserting on a template page that already has noinclude tags, the insert is 1 character off. It will find the first character of the closing noinclude tag and then insert the template data tags in front of the character in front of that. So unless you have a space between the closing tag and the contents, your contents will get split. This happens regardless of the content. If there is no content, the template data is inserted into the opening noinclude tag.
      3. When inserting on a template page that is a subpage but not documentation, it treats it like documentation. In other words, it does not insert noinclude tags with the template data or, if the subpage has noinclude tags, it does not insert the template data within the noinclude tags.
      4. The module launcher gives a warning about template data being defined on the other page (template page for documentation, documentation page for template page) but perhaps it would be a better idea to actually prevent users from adding it in these cases rather than just warning them.

Also, maybe there should be a dedicated "documentation" template category for documentation pages since you have to choose a template category anyways.

Edit:

Also, the module indents using tabs which users cannot directly type into the source. So someone who is editing the data via source rather than the module is either going to have to try to match spaces to the tabs (and thus mix tabs and spaces) or they are going to have to copy-paste the tab character just to maintain a consistent format.

Loading editor
    • That's a known issue. Since the overall feature works, it wasn't a reason to delay implementation.

Glad to see the QA round was a success </sarcasm>. I'm really astonished you guys are taking on this migration project, when you can't even make autocompleters with a very limited and well-defined set of requirements work correctly on the first try.

It feels like you're in over your head. With this level of competence it'll be months just for the platform to settle to a state that is somewhat workable and then we can talk about the little things like the notifications Bell that is absolutely horrific:

• hardly any visible difference between read/unread
      • items linger for an unspecified amount of time
      • things are made bold that stand out more then unread items
      • trying to click on something requires advanced dexterity, since there's no delay on the mouseout event.

Constructive addition: open source your code or hire some more help.

Loading editor
    • Issues with Achievements (badges) in UCP:

• There's no "Next" or "Previous" button on the badge module, which means if you have more than 9 badges, you can't check your previous ones
      • When you try to customize them, consistently has a tendency to not update/save the changes
        Loading editor
    • Another achievements issue:

Custom edit tracks that were made prior to the UCP do not preserve their names set, rather than using their names set for the original edit track (For making @ edits to articles), yet their pics are retained

Loading editor
    • Okay. Yeah, I did notice the badge thing with no privious or next buttons...

Loading editor
    • Lytora, if you can do better, I am sure Fandom would be happy to see your results. Autocomplete is "simple" to use and "simple" to understand but let's not confuse that with "simple" to program.

Loading editor
    • Noreplyz
      Noreplyz removed this reply because:
      off topic
      00:19, October 25, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • Will Discussions will be on CC?

Loading editor
    • Yes, in a few weeks.

Loading editor
    • I'm fairly certain it will not be anytime soon.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: Lytora, if you can do better, I am sure Fandom would be happy to see your results. Autocomplete is "simple" to use and "simple" to understand but let's not confuse that with "simple" to program.

That's why I said, open source the code. It is simple to program. From all the things that are broken, this is one of the low hanging fruit.

I'll spell it out a little more - the hard part is that standard autocompleters work on a single form control and any input event there is for autocompletion. Here we have a editable form control with autocompletion trigger ('[[' before current cursor position on same line in "unterminated" state) and stop characters (pipe, closing ']', enter and other vertical movements). Luckily, you have all that already figured out in the classic editor, so you can reuse all or parts of it. The rest of the keydown events, mapped to debounced ajax requests are all readily available.

As far as the autocompletion endpoint in the backend goes, I do not believe the db structure is that different that it requires a complete rewrite. Other than porting to a newer PHP version and minor differences in wikipedia code, I expect this to be 80% or better reusable from legacy.

Loading editor
    • There are already a set of volunteer dev users that help out fixing FANDOM bugs, but FANDOM isn't an open source company and has never expressed the desire to become one, so just saying "open source the code" is naive.

Loading editor
    • Also, Fandom is already reliant on volunteers for content, let them at least pay for the programming part.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

Also, Fandom is already reliant on volunteers for content, let them at least pay for the programming part.

Hah!

Loading editor
    • Quoting myself: "Constructive addition: open source your code or hire some more help."

So first I get called out for underestimating the problem domain. Then for being naive cause I'm only saying open source the code. Neither of which is factually accurate. Please stop reading only the bits that allow you to make the point.

Loading editor
    • I never said you only said to open source... I said that suggesting it was naive... and I stand by that.

Let me add to it. What you said is simplistic. Have you ever worked for a software company?

Loading editor
    • Well, I don't know what your backgrounds are in this area and I am certainly no expert myself. That said, I have looked at the new editor and it seems like a completely different beast from the classic editor we are used to. So I am not convinced you can just copy the previous solution.

Loading editor
    • Special:ActiveUsers is not working. Went to Statistics > User statistics > Active users. Clicked the link, and the link is broken.

Loading editor
    • Can you link the wiki in question?

Loading editor
    • From what I can tell, on legacy wikis, Special:ActiveUsers just redirects to Special:ListUsers. You can just go directly to Special:ListUsers instead.

Loading editor
    • If your wiki is a UCP wiki, then Special:ActiveUsers won't even redirect to it and will just be an invalid special page. Change it to Special:ListUsers.

Loading editor
    • The link on Special:Statistics should be redirected or removed, though.

Edit: Also, filtering the group on Special:ListUsers by the URL parameter ?group= does not work except for ?group=sysop

Loading editor
    • Filtering the group on Special:ListUsers by the URL parameter ?group= does not work except for ?group=sysop

Try Special:ListUsers/content-moderator or Special:ListUsers/sysop or such.

Loading editor
    • I don't think even "?group=sysop" works. It doesn't seem to do anything for me at least.

Loading editor
    • UCP Special:ListUsers is very flaky for me, even on latest Chrome. Whether it works or not seems to vary from wiki to wiki.

Loading editor
    • On the bright side, it looks like the Bureaucrats group was added back in.

Loading editor
    • Potential issue report:

I've tried using the inputbox comment type to add feedback to pages, and when I use it it creates a new page in the article namespace instead of any type of comment.

I'm unsure if this is an issue with the inputbox comment feature or if I'm just using it wrong somehow.

Loading editor
    • HopelessNightOwl wrote: Potential issue report:

I've tried using the inputbox comment type to add feedback to pages, and when I use it it creates a new page in the article namespace instead of any type of comment.

I'm unsure if this is an issue with the inputbox comment feature or if I'm just using it wrong somehow.

Could you provide a link to the page with the said inputbox?

Just to clarify, comment inputboxes add sections to pages or talk pages, they don't work with the article comments system.

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Have a look at Help:InputBox#Comment_box for how comment inputboxes work. It will create a new section on the actual page (so it would make sense to set the page to be something like Talk:Pagename).

Loading editor
    • Oh. That isn't very obvious without looking at the details. For those who just want the answer, you need to specify what page the section will be added to. The extension does not assume it is the current page. You specify the page using the "page" parameter.

Loading editor
    • In that case, is there any way to make it variable?

I'm trying to use it for a forum preload template to automatically add the button to newly created forum pages.

Loading editor
    • I was going to provide such a code example in my reply but decided against it. Since you asked for it, here it is.

{{#tag: inputbox |
      type=comment
      page={{FULLPAGENAME}}
      buttomlabel=Post a Comment
      }}

However, I don't think this should be necessary for DPLforum. A DPLforum comment page should have an "Add Section" rather than "Edit" button; if I recall correctly.

Loading editor
    • It doesn't, and I tried adding __NEWSECTIONLINK__ to a topic and it didn't work.

That would honestly be more convenient for us.

NVM, I just needed to refresh and it worked.

Loading editor
    • Is there any way to align the inputbox to the left of the page? Also is there a way to set it so that it automatically adds the user's username as the section header?

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: I was going to provide such a code example in my reply but decided against it. Since you asked for it, here it is.

{{#tag: inputbox |
      type=comment
      page={{FULLPAGENAME}}
      buttomlabel=Post a Comment
      }}

The type should be commenttitle. The comment type takes the name of the page as an input and ignores the page=

Loading editor
    • HopelessNightOwl wrote: Is there any way to align the inputbox to the left of the page? Also is there a way to set it so that it automatically adds the user's username as the section header?

Maybe open a new thread for this topic?

Loading editor
    • Huh... This just suddenly turned into a support thread

Loading editor
    • That happens alot, even though it is the wrong place and not a good place.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.