FANDOM

• As of the release of UCP, when messages are deleted off of message walls, they still remain there but greyed out and with "Deleted" in the corner (I assume only admins can see the deleted messages). I am the founder of a wiki, and I recently received a message with what appears to be a photo of genitals. I deleted it and banned the troll, but even though the message is deleted, the image is still on my message wall, just greyed out a little bit. Is there any way to make it so deleted messages disappear after they are deleted, like in the old editor?

Thank you.

Loading editor
    • See this thread that discusses exactly what you are talking about.

Loading editor
    • Yeah, only admins, discussions mods and content mods can read it after it gets deleted. I'd suggest you to delete the images in this case. Nah, the messages cannot diappear now, just like on Discussions, they message gets a red mark and greyed.

Loading editor
    • Well, because of UCP, images uploaded to messages don't seem to appear in the file list, because messages don't appear as activity anymore, so I can't delete it.

Loading editor
    • Indeed. Although the images are all hosted on the same server, they are accessed/managed differently on the user's end. It is not possible to delete images posted in Discussions, article comments, blog comments, or message walls.

Loading editor
    • Then how about editing the post/comment and clearing all the things.

PS: They don't have a history to check what changes were made by people, so you won't have an evidence to share if you edit it.

Loading editor
    • Eh, small price to pay. Plus the user is currently harassing me here as well, so they've got more than enough evidence.

Loading editor
    • I just realized that solution and was going to suggest it. You are supposed to be able to edit the messages even without undeleting them (I have faced some bugs with this though).

Also I bet Fandom staff have access to the edit history of Feeds-based messages.

Loading editor
    • Yeah, I edited and deleted it. It was better before UCP, but pretty much everything was.

And yeah, it’s possible that staff have access to some kind of special history.

Loading editor
    • HumansCanWinElves, that is assuming a history of the content is kept.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: HumansCanWinElves, that is assuming a history of the content is kept.

Indeed, it's only my guess that there is sort of log - maybe even something completely raw which keeps only the changes and not the full versions.

Loading editor
    • Actually, it is easier to keep full versions than it is to keep just changes. But I get the point.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.