FANDOM

• I know Wiki Activity is scrapped in UCP, but what about the wiki activity tag? It doesn't work anymore, yes, but is there a new equivalent in UCP? I couldn't find any information about this in the "wiki activity tag" and "recent changes" pages in the community central.

Loading editor
    • The feed tag shouln't work if the feature is gone, right?

There are lots of issues which FANDOM staff doesn't document well and this is one of them.

Use "Contact us" and ask FANDOM staff about alternatives and if they are planning to do anything better in the future.

No one here can help you much.

Loading editor
    • As far as I know, the tag shouldn't work. An alternative that has been suggested would be {{Special:RecentChanges/5}} or similar to transclude the last 5 edits on RecentChanges instead.

Loading editor
    • Yeah RecentChanges works, but it is quite busy compared to the old activiy feed.

Loading editor
    • No arguments there, that's one of the few complaints that I've heard quite a lot and I do agree with.

Loading editor
    • Okay, so I directly wrote {{Special:Recent Changes/5}} in the page, but it doesn't show any activity log, just a clickable link that says "Special:Recent changes/5". Did I miss anything?

And yes, if there's an alternative I could just use that, I don't specifically want "Wiki Activity" as it's already gone.

Loading editor
    • I think it’s actually supposed to be:

{{Special:RecentChanges|limit=5}}
        Loading editor
    • Sorry, this didn't work either.

Loading editor
    • It's not "supposed to be", both should work. In that case, it might be better to link to the page you're trying it on

Loading editor
    • releasethatwitch.fandom.com

It's the main page, under the title "Latest activity" where the wiki activity tag currently is. I used the preview feature but neither suggestion worked.

Loading editor
    • Just to be clear, what I'm trying to get in the page is a small log that has a few entries from recent changes. So when someone is on the page, they can see the last few edits right there without having to go to the Recent Changes page.

Loading editor
    • I am not sure if it will work in the preview mode, it could be similar to the Twitter tag in that it is only loaded after the rest of the page. The most accurate way to test it would be to actually save the page. And yes, it should give the last 5 edits on the wiki, similar to the Wikiactivity tag.

Loading editor
    • {{Special:RecentChanges/5}} worked after I saved the page. So it was due to preview feature not showing it. Thank you all for your help.

Loading editor
    • Apparently UCP preview is vastly inferior to legacy. I suspect it is because the new editor is pretty bad in general.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.