FANDOM

• On my wiki small pixel-art is used, so having sprites not blur-out is very important.

EDIT: I should mention that sprites use art-style with 2x2 pixels.

I investigated why the images would blur in the first place and the way to fix it.

Adding the image-rendering: pixelated tag seems to fix the problem somewhat, removing the blur.

But the problem comes after that — the FANDOM or at least the platform, seems to be doing something to the images, which blurs them while mixing the colors which should not happen to pixel-art.

Gotoro Blurry

Blurry version

Gotoro Crisp

Normal version

The first image shows a direct link to the image, zoomed at 500%, and with image-rendering: pixelated tag added afterwards. The color bleeds out to surrounding pixels, causing them to blur out.

The second image is the same image, downloaded to my pc and opened in browser (which is really strange!), zoomed at 500%, and with image-rendering: pixelated tag added afterwards. The image displays as it should and would in any image editor.

EDIT: The last images are the screenshots of the images as seen in browser, zoomed in with the GIMP software.

Gotoro Blurry close

Blurry, opened in GIMP

Gotoro Crisp close

Normal, opened in GIMP

I've tried locally disabling various tags in HTML on the direct image link, but to no avail.

I've recently learned that by adding /revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/320 to the image you can resize it on the wiki's side from this [[1]], so maybe it has something to do with that?

Why does this happen and is there a way to disable it?

Thank you.

EDIT: Fixed the link

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.