FANDOM

• Hello Everyone,  what is Sing a Comment?
    well InMyEyes...Sing a Comment at FANDOM is like:

first we Writes our Comment and then at the End we do: "~ ~~~~", for Example:(see First-Pic):
    Comment of Legacy.

See: my Green lines are=My Comment.
    my Black lines are=My Comment is Signed.

ok... sooo, now i hope You got about Singing a Comment, Right?
    or, perhaps You already Knew.. well, lets Move on.

i Went to my own\personal wiki... which is a "UCP-Wiki", to Sign a Comment...

i Typed:(see Second-Pic):
    Test of UCP

See: my green lines are=my comment.
    my white lines are=my signature. now see, 3rd pic.. to watch what i got.

now, what i got after Posting my that Comment?:(see Third-Pic):
    What i..i..got.

see??? noooo "Signature" !!!? aa...aa i mean seriously?

you saw? didn't you..
    sooo.. now we can't do any Source Codings at Comment Sections?
    i know i know Comments's Sections are Connected to Discussions of UCP..T_T.

well.. whatever.. it's a Question, i wanted to Type alot.. and wanted to talk about "other Codings" too.. that we do in Legacy's CommentSection.. but, there is noo Benefit to Type that as... Because ofcourse Staff\Utilities aren't Going to Change\Re-Add the Stuff..
    also, talk of "why to sing the comments" ahh.. i just Love to do it..Perhaps some other Users also Love to do it..

Thanks ~

14:26, October 9, 2020 (UTC)
      Loading editor
    • Sign. Not sing.

The four tildes (and the three and five tildes variants) are meant for talk pages. They're part of MediaWiki. The comments don't use MediaWiki, so it parses it as exactly what it is: four tildes.

Even before the shift to UCP, there was no need to sign comments as the system already did that.

Loading editor
    • >Sign. Not sing.
      Ans:ohhhh Yea yea yea...Sorry, not Good at Pronunciations tbh >_<.

>The four tildes (and the three and five tildes variants) are meant for talk pages.
      Ans:Yup they are.. and Yup.

>They're part of MediaWiki. The comments don't use MediaWiki, so it parses it as exactly what it is: four tildes.
      Ans:Yes they are.. soo Legacy's Comments uses... MediaWiki & UCP's Comments doesn't uses it, huh?
      well Tupka i really didn't got what u meant by "so it parses it as exactly what it is: four tildes." aaa...aa i mean, even when i put four tildes, ~~~~ the Sig doesn't gets Pasted, at the Comment..(perhaps i misundersthood what u meant, re-explain?)

>Even before the shift to UCP, there was no need to sign comments as the system already did that.
      Ans: Yes Yes bruah.. i know that, T_T.

Loading editor
    • Yes, Tupka217 meant that the new comments feature does not use MediaWiki. When converting from legacy to UCP, the message wall, article comments, and blog comments features are all switched over to use the same platform as Discussions. This new discussion platform is entirely independent of MediaWiki and doesn't even know that wikitext exists. The only thing you can do is insert plain text and use whatever formatting options the graphical interface gives you.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Yes, Tupka217 meant that the new comments feature does not use MediaWiki. When converting from legacy to UCP, the message wall, article comments, and blog comments features are all switched over to use the same platform as Discussions. This new discussion platform is entirely independent of MediaWiki and doesn't even know that wikitext exists. The only thing you can do is insert plain text and use whatever formatting options the graphical interface gives you.

Highly "Sad" Tbh, Andrew.. tbh man T_T.

~  LuvOf99Th  19:07, October 9, 2020 (UTC).

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.