FANDOM

• Hi! I'm not very expirienced so I had to ask for help here, how do I add the image feild to an infobox? 

Loading editor
    • Are you trying to use an infobox and need to know how to provide an image for its image section or are you creating an infobox and need to know how to create an image section?

If the former, the method varies slightly depending on which platform (UCP v. legacy) and editor you are using. If you are using a visual editing mode on a legacy wiki, the infobox edit form should contain a field for the image. On the right of that field, there should be an upload button. You can either type in the name of an image that has already been uploaded or you can use the upload button to upload an image that isn't on the wiki yet.

If you are using a visual editing mode on a UCP wiki, the infobox edit form should also have a field for the image. It works in a similar manner but does not have the upload button. If you want to add an image that is not yet on the wiki, you will need to upload it first using Special:Upload. The UCP editor provides a search feature so you can search for an existing image. However, the list that it provides can be outdated by several days so a newly uploaded image may not appear. Such images can still be added; they just can't be searched.

If you are using a source mode on either platform, you simply provide the image name as input to the corresponding template parameter. The same as all of the other parameters.

In all cases, if you want to have the tabbed multiple images, simply use gallery tags like this as the input instead of a single image name.

<gallery>
      Image1.ext|Tab1
      Image2.ext|Tab2
      </gallery>

If you are asking how to insert an image section while creating a new template, the answer once again depends on which editor you are using. If you are using the InfoboxBuilder (i.e. the graphical infobox creation tool), then there should be an option in the right panel to add an image. If you do not see the option, make sure that you do not have an existing infobox element actively selected. Selecting an existing element changes the right panel from "add infobox element" mode to "edit infobox element" mode.

If you are creating the infobox using source mode, then simply insert an image tag into the infobox. For example, let's say you already have this.

<infobox>
        <title source="title">
          <default>{{PAGENAME}}</default>
        </title>
        <data source="alias">
          <label>Also Known As</label>
        </data>
      </infobox>

Inserting an image between the title and the "Also Known As" section should look like this.

<infobox>
        <title source="title">
          <default>{{PAGENAME}}</default>
        </title>
        <image source="image" />
        <data source="alias">
          <label>Also Known As</label>
        </data>
      </infobox>

Loading editor
    • If you are confused, give a link to the page in question and you'll get a more specific answer.

Loading editor
    • HumansCanWinElves wrote:
      If you are confused, give a link to the page in question and you'll get a more specific answer.

Well, I'm creaating this wiki and need help: https://the-haunted-house-the-haunted-memory-2.fandom.com/f

Loading editor
    • I am sorry but that statement was even less specific than your first one. What specific task are you trying to do that you need help with?

Loading editor
    • I'm trying to provide an image to an infobox but I can't and need help. Hope this helps...

Loading editor
    • So you are trying to provide an image to an infobox placed on a page? Which editor are you using? Visual mode or source mode?

Loading editor
    • Yes. I am using Source mode. Actually the problem is that as I've been on to other wikis lately, they have a button through which images can be provided. The option is not availabe to me and i am not able to add the images.

Loading editor
    • But which page is it? Please give a link to the specific page, or at least the name of the page.

Loading editor
    • The in-infobox-editor button to upload a new image is not available on UCP wikis. For UCP wikis, you need to upload the images prior to editing the infobox. You can do so either using Special:Upload or by using either the single or multiple upload functions of the general (before you start editing the infobox) editor. You will need to know the name of the image you want to add and type in the name. If you want to add multiple images, you need to know each of the names and type something like this. Obviously replacing the image names, image extension, and tab name with whatever is relevant to your situation.

<gallery>
      Image1.ext|Tab1
      Image2.ext|Tab2
      </gallery>

Loading editor
    • HumansCanWinElves wrote:
      But which page is it? Please give a link to the specific page, or at least the name of the page.

https://the-haunted-house-the-haunted-memory-2.fandom.com/wiki/Just_Friends_Forever...%3F

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      The in-infobox-editor button to upload a new image is not available on UCP wikis. For UCP wikis, you need to upload the images prior to editing the infobox. You can do so either using Special:Upload or by using either the single or multiple upload functions of the general (before you start editing the infobox) editor. You will need to know the name of the image you want to add and type in the name. If you want to add multiple images, you need to know each of the names and type something like this. Obviously replacing the image names, image extension, and tab name with whatever is relevant to your situation.
      <gallery>
      Image1.ext|Tab1
      Image2.ext|Tab2
      </gallery>

Thank you very much! I'm actually not so familiar with UCP wikis since I've never worked with them! I prefer the other ones way better, it is gonna be hard to do that but thank for helping me out!

Loading editor
    • It's the same for UCP or non-UCP.

This is what you currently have on the page:

"'''Just Friends Forever...?'''" is the first episode of '''The Haunted House: The Haunted Memory 2'''.  

{{Episode|title=Just Friends Forever...?|image=|imagecaption=|partOfSeason=|episodeNumber=1|airDate=February 15, 2019|writer=|director=|previousEpisode=|nextEpisode=[[She's Annoying Me!]]}}<br />

This is what you want to have:

"'''Just Friends Forever...?'''" is the first episode of '''The Haunted House: The Haunted Memory 2'''.  

{{Episode|title=Just Friends Forever...?|image=Example.gif|imagecaption=|partOfSeason=|episodeNumber=1|airDate=February 15, 2019|writer=|director=|previousEpisode=|nextEpisode=[[She's Annoying Me!]]}}<br />

Instead of Example.gif put the name of the image file you have.

Loading editor
    • Thank you very much! I'll try doing it after studying right now...

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.