FANDOM

• Hi! İn a conversation via Fandom Support, İ was informed that the wiki https://community.fandom.com/oc can’t be closed because there are help pages in Occitan (the language of the wiki) making the closure impossible, then İ was asked to talk with a Staff member named Harnash about this, so İ did but after two weeks İ haven’t get an answer. İ learned and understand that the wiki has useful pages and its closure will result in the lost of such pages, so İ’m trying to propose an alternative: export the whole content of the wiki, close the wiki and then create the wiki again but by somebody else and import those pages. İf you take a look at the case of the Serbian CC also founded by me but previously, the wiki was closed and then somebody else recreated it and is open nowadays. İ’ll tell you which is the problem: my username appearing on the Occitan CC as its founder. İ’ve talked about this issue also here, İ’d thought that Hulothe could take the wiki as founder since he’s Occitan native speaker, but İ learned from Piece enrik that Hulothe left Fandom, so the founder could be somebody else even a non-Occitan Staff (so even a non-speaker), but for a lot of reasons İ don’t want to be related to this wiki at all, İ know that even if İ remove all my own rights on the wiki and demote myself to a current user, the FOUNDER tag will still appear, and in the wiki’s database İ’ll still count as founder. İf the same thing that happened on the Serbian CC (as İ indicated before) could happen on the Occitan CC too, iťd be a way to solve the problem. As further information, İ’m Catalan native who learned Occitan a bit, thaťs why İ created this wiki in a period when İ had more free time to be on Fandom and created a lot of wikis, most of such wikis were closed because İ didn’t edit on them due to lack of time. Having exposed all this, what can you do to solve this issue?

Loading editor
    • I am not sure I understand the issue. Why don't you want to be associated with the wiki anymore? If you resign all your rights, the Founder tag should disappear from your masthead unless it is being added manually by a script such as ProfileTags. You being listed as the founder has no impact on others' abilities to take over the wiki. Being the founder doesn't not grant you any special permissions. Anyone who is a bureaucrat is equal to the founder.

Loading editor
    • Removing all my rights, will my username be visible anywhere by an user who isn’t Staff or admin/bureaucrat on that wiki? İ mean, will still be able a normal user to find my username displaying as the wiki’s founder on any page (special page, userpage or any other) of that wiki? Thaťs what İ don’t want, that anybody comes to the wiki and finds me as the wiki’s founder if this person isn’t somebody important for the wiki or FANDOM at all (admin, Staff, etc).

Loading editor
    • And İ know thaťs out-of-topic, but can some admin here delete this empty category, please?

Loading editor
    • This is obviously a question and request for FANDOM staff as we can't do anything about it. See "Contact us".

Loading editor
    • Once you remove your own permissions and lose the founder tag, there are only a few ways users would be able to discover that you are the founder. Most of them, I don't think a "normal" user would even know about.

1. Search for the wiki's info using /api/v1 here on Community Central
      2. Look at the user rights logs on the wiki

They could also guess that you are the founder by looking to see whom made the first edit on early pages. However, that method is just an approximation. There are two reasonable ways that a "normal" user might find that you are the founder.

1. The wiki has achievements enabled and they find that you have the creator badge. Fortunately (for you), it has been a long-standing bug that the founder is not automatically given the badge as they should be. Also, it appears that this feature is not enabled on the wiki.
      2. They find a comment that indicates that you are the founder. I am not sure there is much you can do about this one.
        Loading editor
    • In short, absolutely deleting the identity of the user who founded the wiki is not possible, unless the Fandom company will put a specific effort into it, which is not going to happen.

If it's that important, you can always leave this account and start another one, unassociated with your previous account.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:

1. Search for the wiki's info using /api/v1 here on Community Central

What is / How works that /api/v1? İ didn’t know about this.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: This is obviously a question and request for FANDOM staff as we can't do anything about it. See "Contact us".

İf you’ve read the first line above, you’d know İ already did…

Loading editor
    • HumansCanWinElves wrote: If it's that important, you can always leave this account and start another one, unassociated with your previous account.

İ’m admin on more than 60 wikis and İ’m active on several of them, thaťs why leaving this account and starting another one couldn’t be an option.

Loading editor
    • Here is an example of using /api/v1 to get a wiki's founder. A user can then use either /api/v1 (this), api.php (this), or Discussions (this) to find your username from your user ID.

Loading editor
    • Ok, /api/v1 is too complex for a normal user, even İ didn’t know about it, so İ tolerate this. Nevertheless, my proposal about exporting the whole content of the wiki, closing the wiki, then creating the wiki again but by somebody else and finally importing those pages to have the wiki (almost) as before, İ think iťs the best option. As İ’ve said above, what happened with the Serbian CC could also happen with the Occitan CC.

Loading editor
    • Josep Maria Roca Peña wrote:

Fandyllic wrote: This is obviously a question and request for FANDOM staff as we can't do anything about it. See "Contact us".

Then you should just stop posting here and wait for FANDOM staff response.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:

Josep Maria Roca Peña wrote:

Fandyllic wrote: This is obviously a question and request for FANDOM staff as we can't do anything about it. See "Contact us".

Then you should just stop posting here and wait for FANDOM staff response.

As İ also said, they did answered me and told me to post a message on a wall, and gave a Staff example member to contact. İ’m talking about an issue from almost a month ago, the conversation with the FANDOM staff was more than two weeks ago.

Loading editor
    • Interesting. That seems like an odd response to a wiki closure request.

Loading editor
    • UCP for CC?

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.