FANDOM

• I don't know if it's a bug (like not being able to edit Discussion posts or comments that were originally on Forums hopefully is), or if I'm missing something. Is there no source editor for Discussions?

Loading editor
    • The Discussions are not based on Mediawiki so there is no any Wikitext source code there. It's just the text with some basic formating options.

The same goes for message wall posts, article comments and blog comments on UCP wikis.

Loading editor
    • Discussions (and similar features) is a separate platform from the rest of the wiki. The concept of visual and source editors doesn't exist in Discussions because there is no complex formatting allowed. The only formatting you can do is whatever buttons you can see. As for migrated Forum content, I believe you are supposed to be able to edit it. However, doing so is more likely going to do more harm than good. When Forum content is migrated, Fandom copy-pasts the HTML into Discussions. However, that HTML is not normally permitted in Discussions. So if you attempt to edit a converted Forum post, it will get passed through the content filter just like a new post does and, as a result, loose all complex formatting it previously had.

Loading editor
    • Users cannot edit their migrated posts. Admins can, under the warning that doing so would break the migrated formatting. I'm not sure about discussion moderators.

Loading editor
    • Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Discussions has a 24 hour limit on posts (both new and converted). It the post is older the 24 hours, only admins can edit them.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.