FANDOM

• To me, the editor has a lot of good things (Find and Replace, not having to re-link a word because it wasn't capitalized, cleaner layout, etc.), but it just feels janky for multiple reasons, for one, why does it keep highlighting nearby characters, and why when I need to rewrite something or fix a spelling error, the words seem to 'blend' together, the one I'm writing going over the pre-existing one.

This as an ability of the editor is quite.... Odd.

Why would I want the section I'm rewriting to delete the section after it? And what's the auto-highlight actually for? I see myself taking minutes longer just to fix one spelling error due to this, before then it took only around a second, around 10 if the word had a link attached.

Loading editor
    • Edit: This makes it much, much harder to fix miniscule things, I suspect the new editor was made almost solely with editing bigger sections or the entire page in mind, rather than smaller things such as grammar errors.

Loading editor
    • The "mixing" you are describing shouldn't be. Maybe you accidentally pressed the "insert"/"ins" button on your keyboard?

Loading editor
    • If you want to give this feedback to staff so that they can consider making changes to the editor, use this form.

Loading editor
    • I'm sure I was only pressing backspace, though, considering I use a laptop, it's not impossible that my wrist may have bumped into the key on accident.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.