FANDOM

• Hello, we've been getting very concerned about the future changes UCP will do, and once we found out Tabviews were going to be discontinued, we were curious to see if the Portal (here's an example) was also going to be discontinued and/or be broken.

At the moment, the Portal we have at the SoD Wiki is still under construction but we were wondering if the Portal will still work in UCP (I'm doubting it will). If it doesn't work, what would be the alternatives outside of using the {{Main}} Template so we could keep in mind when we have migrated to UCP?

Loading editor
    • The type of portal you are talking about is implemented using custom JS. The JS environment on UCP wikis is slightly different but, at a glance, those differences shouldn't impact your script. Even if it does, there should be ways fix it. It is possible that you might observe some changes in appearance of the portal. If this happens, it is likely due to the changes in global CSS. If you can identify what the changes are, you should be able to correct for them in your site CSS.

Loading editor
    • On the Test UCP Wiki that I have, the Portal looks fine but doesn't portal as it should (instead, it opens the page) - if this is indeed just a coding problem, then it will quite fun to find what's wrong.

Thank you for the response! ^^

Loading editor
    • Just checking... was the JS on the test wiki approved? Changes to JS don't take effect until they have been approved by Fandom staff.

Loading editor
    • They have been approved. I can link it here, if you wish to see it. ^^

Loading editor
    • Sure.

Loading editor
    • Here it is.

Loading editor
    • Which wiki did you copy this from. Do they have documentation on how to use it? The JS is looking for IDs that I don't think are in your slider at all.

Loading editor
    • I copied directly from the portal linked on the main post, without any changes or additions added. :'D

Loading editor
    • Thanks. I forgot about the link in the first post. I don't see anything obvious. As far as I can tell it should work. Just, for some reason, the click event is not being intercepted by the script the same way. This would imply some change to a standard feature that is not readily apparent. Perhaps the users on the dev wiki would be able to more easily track down the issue for you.

Loading editor
    • I'll be sure to contact them then, thank you very much! ^^

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.