FANDOM

• Why did you undo my edit on the Help:Closing an account page. It is accurate that FANDOM staff can close an account for multiple Terms of Use violations.

Loading editor
    • Fandom staff generally won't disable account for ToU violations, they will block them. The help page itself further focuses on the users initiative, not on the possibility that staff can do it

Loading editor
    • Ok. I know that FANDOM disables underage users, and I have seen accounts disabled for severe Terms of Use violations

For privacy reasons, I would rather not provide a specific example.

Loading editor
    • Though I never really saw the difference between globally blocking and disabling: the term "globally blocked" is often used to refer to a disabled account. I think FANDOM usually disables accounts that are underage or that have multiple sockpuppets, though I have seen accounts disabled for other reasons (like I said, for privacy reasons, I will not mention any)

Loading editor
    • In general, Terms of Use offences will get an account globally blocked, if the block is a few months old, it will get disabled. The term "globally blocked" is rarely used to a disabled account; even when it's a sock of another user, they will get globally blocked, not disabled.

Loading editor
    • Mendes2 wrote: In general, Terms of Use offences will get an account globally blocked, if the block is a few months old, it will get disabled. The term "globally blocked" is rarely used to a disabled account; even when it's a sock of another user, they will get globally blocked, not disabled.

Ok. I have often heard the term "Globally blocked" or "globalled" used to refer to a disabled account.

Loading editor
    • Blubabluba9990 wrote:

Mendes2 wrote: In general, Terms of Use offences will get an account globally blocked, if the block is a few months old, it will get disabled. The term "globally blocked" is rarely used to a disabled account; even when it's a sock of another user, they will get globally blocked, not disabled.

Ok. I have often heard the term "Globally blocked" or "globalled" used to refer to a disabled account.

“Globally blocked” would actually mean that you are blocked across the entire Fandom network by Fandom staff (also known as “FANDOM Support”.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.