FANDOM

• Hi. Yesterday, a user on a TV show wiki that I administrate removed every reference to an actor's name from the site. As I could not verify the identity of the user, I rolled back their edits and blocked them from editing when they did it again. This morning, they posted a message on their talk page claiming that they had sent an email somewhere a few weeks prior but hadn't received a response and that the content removal was actioned under article 7 of the GDPR.

I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not well-versed in EU data protection laws, so is there anything that I need to do or worry about?

Loading editor
    • Who was the user? You should probably contact staff about this. As far as I am aware, GDPR should not impact article content as long as the content is not about private individuals.

Loading editor
    • The conflict is between that person and Fandom. If they want it gone, they can contact Fandom. It's up to Fandom, noone else, to take action.

Loading editor
    • All the more reason to check with Fandom to see if the content really does need to be removed.

Loading editor
    • Thanks for the advice. I have informed Fandom about the situation, and they've stated that they would deal with it if the user in question has contacted them. I wasn't convinced that the user had actually emailed Fandom, so I suggested that they send another email and provided a link to the contact form.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.