FANDOM

• I'm outraged by FANDOM's decision to discontinue the forums.

The forums are one of the most used discussion thread types on FANDOM! That will incredibly anger not only me, but also all of FANDOM.

Loading editor
    • XTeodor12 wrote: That will incredibly anger not only me, but also all of FANDOM.

No you're part of a vocal minority which dislikes it in the same why I'm part of a vocal minority which likes the change. Most Fandom users don't use Forums and just don't care about this change.

Loading editor
    • Also... this is a change that has been years in the making. There has been ample communication about it in the past, outlining the reasons. This is not a change some anger is going to undo. Nothing will undo it at this point. Forum is a unmaintainable Frankenstein's monster of code. Its removal was long overdue; in a way, its creation was a short-sighted mistake.

Loading editor
    • XTeodor12 wrote: I'm outraged by FANDOM's decision to discontinue the forums.

The forums are one of the most used discussion thread types on FANDOM! That will incredibly anger not only me, but also all of FANDOM.

While Discussions doesn’t offer the same feeling as Forums did, they’re practically the same things operating with different sets of source code. Discussions has the same categorization system that forums did, therefore, the categories that existed on Forums will be able to transition to Discussions easier. I should also mention that replies will still exist although they operate differently. As a last point, the kudos points exist as upvotes on Discussions. Pretty much, Discussions is almost the same as forums with some differences added in.

Loading editor
    • That... just no.

It's not a 1:1 replacement. It will never be. It will require you to adapt.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: That... just no.

It's not a 1:1 replacement. It will never be. It will require you to adapt.

I did say: "Discussions is almost the same". I didn’t say that they were exactly the same.

Loading editor
    • Asarta wrote:

XTeodor12 wrote: That will incredibly anger not only me, but also all of FANDOM.

No you're part of a vocal minority which dislikes it in the same why I'm part of a vocal minority which likes the change. Most Fandom users don't use Forums and just don't care about this change.

Listen here, pal. I'm not the only one who is outraged, but also everyone. About 80% of all users on FANDOM are angered by the Staff's decision. I'm not harassing you or anything, but me and all users on FANDOM are outraged by the Staff's discontinuation of the Forums.

Loading editor
    • XTeodor12 wrote:

Asarta wrote:

XTeodor12 wrote: That will incredibly anger not only me, but also all of FANDOM.

Listen here, pal. I'm not the only one who is outraged, but also everyone. About 80% of all users on FANDOM are angered by the Staff's decision. I'm not harassing you or anything, but me and all users on FANDOM are outraged by the Staff's discontinuation of the Forums.

Those are some nice figures you made up.

Loading editor
    • I had a long thought out reply written than my computer wiped it so no 80% of the Fandom users doesn't think that and yes you're part of a minority. Deal with it

XTeodor12 wrote:

Listen here, pal.

I'm not your pal

Loading editor
    • This convo is going a bit too far. People have the right to be unsatisfied and the right to voice it. As the migration continue, I'm pretty sure those forums will see more and more of complain threads (the satisfied people won't come). They should get a polite reply, either in free-form or with a template.

Loading editor
    • HumansCanWinElves wrote: This convo is going a bit too far. People have the right to be unsatisfied and the right to voice it. As the migration continue, I'm pretty sure those forums will see more and more of complain threads (the satisfied people won't come). They should get a polite reply, either in free-form or with a template.

Agreed, I've for now quickly created User:Asarta/Forum reply as a answer to these questions which is in part based off User:Asarta/UCP/Complaining which is for general UCP complaints answers.

Loading editor
    • I'm thinking in advance for an unofficial UCP-FAQ template. Users feel the need for information in simple language, and reading staff posts is not excatly that.

Loading editor
    • There is already a help page, a bugs page and two tempaltes (here and here).

I would like to clarify something Tupka217 said. While it is true that there has been plenty of communication regarding Forum v. Discussions over the past 4 years, users would not have seen any of it if they weren't here on CC. So for those who didn't previously use CC, this appears to be coming out of nowhere. Also, while Fandom has been talking about this for a long time, they have been very poor about giving specific timelines. The current notice posted to wikis is an example. It says "In the next few weeks...". So does that mean tomorrow or a month from now? How long to I have to prepare for the change; whatever I think that entails?

Loading editor
    • I'm aware of those pages (OK, fine, I didn't see the second template before now), but none of them fits what I think should be done. About 10-20 FAQ, a short, simple and informative paragraph about each. It also must be done unofficially, as official documents are too obliged to be accurate and this decrease their simpicity.

Loading editor
    • Asarta wrote: I had a long thought out reply written than my computer wiped it so no 80% of the Fandom users doesn't think that and yes you're part of a minority. Deal with it

XTeodor12 wrote:

Listen here, pal.

I'm not your pal

I'm sorry, but I'm against this decision by the FANDOM Staff.

Loading editor
    • XTeodor12 wrote:

Asarta wrote: I had a long thought out reply written than my computer wiped it so no 80% of the Fandom users doesn't think that and yes you're part of a minority. Deal with it

XTeodor12 wrote:

Listen here, pal.

I'm not your pal

I'm sorry, but I'm against this decision by the FANDOM Staff.

We noticed. None of this is going to change anything, though.

Loading editor
    • Although my wiki has the new Discussions for 3 weeks now, i just saw it for the first time

I must say, it looks hideous and it's confusing AF as everything appears on a single page now

Where's the switch to turn it off?

Loading editor
    • There is no way to turn it off.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.