FANDOM

• I want to be able to upload multiple images at a time to my wiki site images, all with the same Licensing.

I went to https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Help:Multiple_uploads and read what it says.

"Go to Special:MultipleUpload on your community" - But it doesn't exist for my wiki.

I tried using the https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Special:MultipleUpload link but that seems to upload the images to the general Images gallery: https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Images.

Can I even add Special:MultipleUpload tool to my wiki? Or am I asking the wrong thing?

Loading editor
    • Which wiki is this for? If it was made after March 11, I’m not sure if the extension has transferred yet.

Loading editor
    • For future reference, please do not upload images intended for a different wiki to Community Central. Community Central is not a central repository for miscellaneous content or content intended for other wikis. Images uploaded to Community Central should be intended for use on Community Central.

As for the multiple upload feature, it is a standard feature enabled by default on most (if not all) non-UCP wikis. However, it is not available on UCP wikis. If your wiki lacks this feature, you are probably on a UCP wiki and there is nothing you can do to add the feature. Currently, UCP wikis have Special:Upload which allows uploads one at a time. The in-editor uploader offers both single and multiple upload options. However, using the in-editor uploader does not allow you to do things such as add licensing information and rename the image.

Merge-arrow Starting March 11, 2020, new wikis use the Unified Community Platform (UCP). Fandom has also started to convert some older wikis to UCP. UCP wikis currently have modified functionality, and are missing some legacy features. Fandom is continuing to work on adding/porting some missing features. For a user-compiled list of bugs, please see this page. For the status of dev scripts on the new software, see this project.
        Loading editor
    • UpnCbs06 wrote:
      Which wiki is this for? If it was made after March 11, I’m not sure if the extension has transferred yet.

https://undead-nation-last-shelter.fandom.com/

Started it recently, (well after March 11, 2020)

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      For future reference, please do not upload images intended for a different wiki to Community Central. Community Central is not a central repository for miscellaneous content or content intended for other wikis. Images uploaded to Community Central should be intended for use on Community Central.
      Merge-arrow Starting March 11, 2020, new wikis use the Unified Community Platform (UCP). Fandom has also started to convert some older wikis to UCP. UCP wikis currently have modified functionality, and are missing some legacy features. Fandom is continuing to work on adding/porting some missing features. For a user-compiled list of bugs, please see this page. For the status of dev scripts on the new software, see this project.

I didn't realise until too late. I found the images again but cannot see how to remove them, or move them. Here is a link to one of them. Maybe you could instruct or assist? https://community.fandom.com/wiki/File:Index_-_Melee_-_Amanda.png

As for the UCP, etc. See the link to the wiki in my other reply, above this.

Loading editor
    • Only admins can delete images... put a message on the message wall of an admin at CC with links to images you want to delete: Special:ListUsers/sysop.

You can give a link to an image so that it won't render by putting a colon before File: like: [[:File:IMAGENAME.jpg]]

Loading editor
    • Is there something you need us to look at? Unless I misread, the reason UpnCbs06 was asking for a link was to determine if it is a UCP wikis; which it is. So that is why the multiple upload feature isn't available.

Loading editor
    • The last thing the OP asked for was to help delete mistakenly uploaded images...

So just so it is clear: undead-nation-last-shelter.fandom.com is a UCP wiki and therefore currently does not have Special:MultipleUpload.

Help:Multiple uploads actually says it doesn't work on UCP, but for newer users finding out if a wiki is UCP may not be obvious.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: The last thing the OP asked for was to help delete mistakenly uploaded images...

So just so it is clear: undead-nation-last-shelter.fandom.com is a UCP wiki and therefore currently does not have Special:MultipleUpload.

Help:Multiple uploads actually says it doesn't work on UCP, but for newer users finding out if a wiki is UCP may not be obvious.

However something like it does seem to be working on UCP? If you open the editor there will be a button at the top for called Mass upload which I assume does the same thing

Loading editor
    • Similar, but not the same thing... You need to start editing a page, you can't fill in the File: description, and you can't change the uploaded file names. It's kind of a pain actually.

Loading editor
    • In short, the in-editor multi-upload feature uploads files "as is"; much less functionality than the special page.

Loading editor
    • My fault wan't sure

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.