FANDOM

• For a while now i've seen communitys that have apps, and was wondering how one would do that. I know the particular "Community Apps" feature is discontinued, but my ffandom does not appear on the fandom app.. is there a way I would be able to do this?

Loading editor
    • The Fandom app only has a select number of wikis currently available on it. The exact requirements of being included on the app are unknown and pretty vague, but according to the help page, there should be a button to "suggest additional topics". Potentially, you could also use Special:Contact, but both of these should be answered by the same people/person.

Loading editor
    • To clarify in case it wasn't clear, Fandom does not make community apps anymore. If I recall correctly, all community apps were supposed to have been retired. Fandom has, instead, a single unified app through which select communities can be accessed. It is this unified app that Mendes2 is talking about.

Loading editor
    • Thank you both, I was just wondering how/if I could make my FANDOM appear on the app. I was wondering because fandoms like Dinopedia say they have an app, but if you check for it it doesn't appear in the app store (so it must have been a community app). 

Loading editor
    • All community apps have been retired - there were so many with similar code, name and icon that the App Store started labeling them as spam. So the unified app was made. There are so many wikis, they aren't automatically added to the app but I don't think they set any solid standards that have to be met for inclusion - or at least, they've not made them public.

Loading editor
    • Mira Laime explained the criteria and process in the comments on this page: https://community.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Mira_Laime/Introducing_the_Unified_FANDOM_App,_Bringing_All_Content_Together_in_One_Place :

"A wiki would have to fulfill certain criteria: Have enough good-quality content, a curated mobile main page, Discussions enabled, an active admin team to keep the content up-to-date and free of spam, etc. 

If those criteria are met, feel free to suggest the wiki and send a link via Special:Contact! We do not have an official process set up yet for adding another wiki to the app, but we do want to make more wikis accessible through it long-term, and we can add wikis on a case-by-case basis even now. "

Loading editor
    • "Have enough good-quality content" isn't much of a criterium.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.