FANDOM

• Is there a way to replace a wiki's background image by using personal CSS?

Loading editor
    • Yes. Which wiki are you talking about?

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Okay. Which image do you want to use and how do you want it to appear (ex. tiled, not tiled, spanning the full width, scrolls with page)?

Loading editor
    • I would like to use this image and I want it to span the full width and scroll with the page (much like the "fix" option available on the Theme Designer).

Loading editor
    • I see. If you are just trying to make it black, then you don't need to use an image at all.

body.skin-oasis {
          background-color: black;
      }

If you are going for a dark theme. Then you may want to use this instead.

body.skin-oasis {
          color: white;
      }

.WikiaPage .WikiaPageBackground {
          background-color: transparent;
      }

Edit:

Actually, if you are going for a dark theme, it might be better to use FANSUN. You can enable it on the dev wiki by going to the Gadgets tab in your preferences. There is a section called Theming where you can check the box next to the dark theme.

Loading editor
    • Okay, thanks.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: I see. If you are just trying to make it black, then you don't need to use an image at all.

body.skin-oasis {
      }

Would that work without setting the background-image to none? background-image is supposed to go above the background-color. I have also found that sometimes imortant! is needed to override the background-image.

Loading editor
    • In the particular case Vozhan is talking about, yes; because the dev wiki has no background image. However, on a wiki that does have a background image, you are correct. You would have to set background-image to none.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.