FANDOM

• So I wish to do an item listing, where each item has 4 qualities (common, uncommon etc) and then 10 enhancements (+1, +2 etc). 

Basically I want the user to be able to see the items stats at that quality/enhancment along with sale value etc. I have done what I want to do (mostly, albeit messy) using js (or rather jquery) but I see it's rather convoluted to get it working as such on a wikia page 

(any one interested in the 'theory'/layout of what I want, I have a very much WIP, ropey rendition of it here : https://www.w3schools.com/code/tryit.asp?filename=GHAN7PZVBQGS I'm not great as .js, and messed around with that more to familiarise myself with a few methods that I haven't used in a while)

Is there a better way of doing such a task on a Fandom page. I could use templates, but can't think of how I could get updating values based on clicks. 

Loading editor
    • TableWiz
      TableWiz removed this reply because:
      trolled twice - time to delete
      06:35, August 2, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • I believe JS should be working on UCP wikis if they have it enabled

Loading editor
    • As Asarta said, JS should be working on UCP wikis now. However, it should be noted that JS solutions won't work on mobile and/or in the app.

Loading editor
    • Thank you for your replies. 

I did try to use the feature on the page, but presumably it was something else I was doing wrong then, as I only made the Wiki a few days back. 

Loading editor
    • I am not sure why TableWiz deleted their reply. Either way, does this mean you found a solution or are you still looking for one?

Loading editor
    • Still looking presently, as I can't seem to get the js working on the page. It relies on buttons too which also seem to screw up, but thats my inexperience with wiki pages showing, as I don't think you are allowed to use certain HTML on the page. 

Loading editor
    • Siusmattius wrote: Still looking presently, as I can't seem to get the js working on the page. It relies on buttons too which also seem to screw up, but thats my inexperience with wiki pages showing, as I don't think you are allowed to use certain HTML on the page. 

Which wiki are you trying to do it on? Are you the founder? if so have you already enabled JS?

Loading editor
    • Yes, I'm the founder. I haven't enabled it I don't think, I thought it was already enabled. 

https://forge-and-fortune.fandom.com/wiki/Forge_and_Fortune_Wiki nothing on it yet really

Loading editor
    • In that case you need to contact staff using Special:Contact and ask them to enable it. (click Contact us at the right top then select I want to make changes to a wiki, select under category I want an feature or extension turned on and then under what feature do you want enabled select JavaScript, fill in the rest of the form and submit it.

Loading editor
    • Thank you very much for your help thus far. I'll get that done. 

Loading editor
    • No problem

Loading editor
    • Since you are going the JS route, just be aware that the new JS won't be active immediately. It needs to go through a review process. Once custom JS is enabled on your wiki, you should see a box on the right of the JS pages that allow you to submit the JS for review. For more information, see Help:JS review process.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.