FANDOM

• Hello, I was wondering how to import a "lower-alpha" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Cite_link_label_group-lower-alpha) reference list. When I try to do this, references are labeled as literally "lower-alpha" instead of "a" and "b" and so on. I'm essentially trying to import Template:Efn and Template:Reflist from Wikipedia. I was wondering how I would be able to get my notes to be labeled correctly, like they do on Wikipedia. When I try to create a page on my UCP wiki called "MediaWiki:Cite link label group-lower-alpha" I am told I don't have permission to do so, despite being an admin.

Loading editor
    • Short answer, you can't do this.

Wikipedia runs on a different version of MediaWiki, has different extensions, and has different configuration settings values. You can't always copy things from Wikipedia verbatim to Fandom. As such, I don't know if what you are trying to do will work. That said, even if it could, you wouldn't be able to do it as editing of the Mediawiki namespace is restricted to whitelisted messages only. The message you mentioned is not on the current whitelist which is for non-UCP wikis. My understanding is that the current whitelist for UCP wikis is even stricter than that for non-UCP wikis.

Loading editor
    • Thanks for the info. I figured just about as much with it being impossible due to MediaWiki differences, but it's good to know for sure. Thanks! :)

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.