FANDOM

• Is there a magic word to outputĀ the amount of main space edits on a wiki? If so, what is it?

Loading editor
    • Not sure how this is useful info, but...

{{NUMBEROFEDITS}}: 3,171,271

Loading editor
    • Alright, thank you!

Loading editor
    • That gives me the number of edits on the entire wiki, is there anyway to do it on one person?

Loading editor
    • I believe that magic word is also for all namespaces; or at least all content namespaces. So it is not necessarily just the main namespace. the only way I can find to do it is to use the EditCount extension which is not available on UCP wikis. Therefore, if your wiki is a UCP wiki, the only way to accomplish what you want would be custom JS. If your wiki is not a UCP wiki, then it should have the EditCount extension. In that case, you can just use the transclusion-like feature of Special:EditCount.

Andrewds1021's Edits by Namespace:
      *Total - {{Special:EditCount/Andrewds1021}}
      *User - {{Special:EditCount/Andrewds1021/User}}
      *Forum - {{Special:EditCount/Andrewds1021/Board_Thread}}
      *Main - {{Special:EditCount/Andrewds1021/}}

Edit:

Interesting. It isn't displaying properly here in Forum. However, it does preview properly. If you want to see what the wikitext above does, just copy-paste it onto a test page and/or preview it as a post.

Loading editor
    • Thank you! It works! for the main space one, I put /main at the end and it worked, it didn't work without it.

Loading editor
    • Interesting. It worked without it for me.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.