FANDOM

• IAmConfused

on my Shipping Wiki profile it says that I'm offline despite that I'm logged in

Topic title changed for clarity - Cheeseskates

Loading editor
    • They have a application on the status.

Loading editor
    • That's an old script that was written years ago, and it doesn't work well. It's janky and requires users to constantly update their status (it is not fully automated).

Loading editor
    • The developers need to update it?

Loading editor
    • @WarioWario I tried to find a way to change the status and I couldn't find the option

Loading editor
    • They have made some updates even this year, but it still doesn't usually auto-update. Caching has also been slow the last few weeks, so that may have had a part in it as well.

Loading editor
    • @TortoiseCat5 that explains the reason

Loading editor
    • You may want to contact Fandom Staff to report that caching - they're closely watching those issues, and more reports from different angles will likely help them solve the issue quicker.

Loading editor
      1. Any caching issue with this script should just be page caching. As such, you should be able to fix it by purging the page.
      2. This is a custom script imported from the dev wiki. Fandom staff don't maintaining it so reporting it to them won't solve anything.
      3. There is no way to retrieve whether or not a user is online. This script merely guesses based on time since the user's last activity on the local wiki. For instance, if you are logged in but your last edit was a week ago, it will show you as offline. If you just logged off but edited 10 minutes ago, it will show you as online. In short, it can be wildly inaccurate.
        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.