FANDOM

• Just curious, can a discord server be installed on the new UCP platform?

Loading editor
    • "Installing" a Discord server "on a wiki" is done via one of several scripts from the dev wiki. With the recent enabling of JS review for UCP you could try to import one of them. However, there is a possibility that they won't work. The reason this may be the case is that they are written for the legacy platform and search for things on the page assuming the legacy platform's layout. The UCP layout is significantly different.

Loading editor
    • Alright

Loading editor
    • JS Review is not enabled on UCP wikis yet, unless I missed something. Development was unblocked, but it isn't enabled yet. See Thread:1911819, it says: After lots of great work by our engineers, JS Review has been unblocked for UCP and we'll be able to start enabling custom JavaScript on UCP wikis soon!

Loading editor
    • I see. Well, I find the wording confusing then. If you can't do it, how is it "unblocked"?

Loading editor
    • That wording is from FANDOM staff... why are you asking here?

Also it turns out the JS Review being enabled today was a slight false alarm as in it may work, but only probably FANDOM staff can actually edit JS pages right now as some user rights thing changed. See Thread:1929836#23.

Loading editor
    • Since you repeated the use of those two terms in your non-quoted portion, I assumed you knew what they meant by that. Apparently not.

Loading editor
    • Well, when I first started writing it I didn't have the quoted part. I really do wish I understood FANDOM's engineering process, because then I might be more sympathetic to what seems to be pretty far below industry standard... at least Silicon Valley standards.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.