FANDOM

• To whom it may concern,

I was checking on an old project of mine, a wiki for the 2002 puzzle game Enigma. When I tried to visit a page, it was stated that the wiki was closed. I was offered no warnings, no notifications that this had occured, and no reason as to why it happened. Could somebody explain what is going on? Should I contact FANDOM directly?

Here is a link to the wiki that once was. I can assure you it had content and wasn't just a blank slate; https://enigmaoxyd.fandom.com/wiki/Enigma_Wiki

A content download also isn't available. I performed the method described in the support article; no dice.

Loading editor
    • Yes, contact staff. Basically, there was a big cleanup of really small wikis with no edits and no traffic.

Loading editor
    • Got you, thank you so much. I didn't know I could do a direct contact and will send them the same information.

Loading editor
    • Fandom periodically goes through and removes small inactive wikis. They also remove wikis if there are serious policy violations or no one around to correct policy violations. In addition, UCP wikis that duplicate topics are removed. You will need to contact Fandom directly to find out why your wiki was removed. Depending on the reason, you may be able to request that they reopen it.

Loading editor
    • Thank you very much for this information! I will admit that I wasn't the most active; I was distancing myself from FANDOM for a good while.

Hopefully nothing has been lost if they choose to reopen it.

Loading editor
    • Fandom generally keeps a backup for some length of time. So as long as it wasn't closed years ago, everything should still be there if/when they reopen it. Good luck.

Loading editor
    • The last edit by GreenGalaxy was October 2017. If it closed for the recent big site hygiene move, there's probably still a backup. If it was snapped up by an earlier round, doubtful.

Pruning old and abandoned wikis is a great way of fighting cruft - tons of personal Roblox or fanon wikis - there's unfortunately occasionally a small wiki among them that has unique content that someone might find useful, years later.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.