FANDOM

• I need help. On Fanon Wiki (link: https://fanon.fandom.com/wiki/), I uploaded this image when I accidentally forgot to press “More options” to change the file name. Now, when I try to rename the image, it says I don’t have the permissions to do so because I’m unfortunately not an Admin, moderator, or rollback on said wiki. The policy on the wiki states that files must have a proper name or it will get deleted and the uploader will face the consequences. Is there any other way to rename the file? Thank you.

Loading editor
    • Only admins can rename images. You can always contact an admin and explain the honest mistake.

Loading editor
    • Ok. I contacted an Admin. Thank you.

Loading editor
    • It's possible that Content Moderators can rename images too...

Loading editor
    • Ok. I just don’t know why FANDOM only allows Content Moderators and Admins to rename images, especially if the wiki has a policy saying you must give a proper name for every image you upload, if you forget to name it correctly, and you can risk getting warned or blocked. I redirected the image to a new image I uploaded with a proper filename as a replacement.

Loading editor
    • Yup, they should maybe make a setting so admins can allow it for regular users.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.