FANDOM

• I want to create header and box templates for the main page of my wiki. How do I do this?

Loading editor
    • On which wiki? How should these headers and boxes look and work?

Loading editor
    • On https://partridge.fandom.com/wiki/Alan_Partridge_Wiki. I just want to know how to a) make the boxes and stuff, b) format the template correctly, and c) add the template correctly to the page.

A bit like this: https://outlast.fandom.com/wiki/Outlast_Wiki

I posted this reply yesterday, but it didn't post.

Loading editor
    • My apologies, I forgot to get back to you!

I've created the template. Let me know if you need any modifications! You'd use it like this on homepage:
      <mainpage-leftcolumn-start/>
      {{Box
      | header   = Aha! Welcome to the Alan Partridge Wiki
      | content  = Alan Partridge is a character and national icon created by [[Steve Coogan]]. From ''On the Hour'' to ''Alpha Papa'', this is the collaborative encyclopedia for all things Partridge. We are currently maintaining {{NUMBEROFARTICLES}} articles and {{NUMBEROFFILES}} files.
      }}

{{Box
      | header   = Explore
      | content  = <gallery type="slider" position="center" width="660">
      Characters-illlustration_2-cropped.png|Characters|link=Category:Characters|linktext=Explore the characters of the Alan Partridge universe
      Locations-illlustration.png|Locations|link=Category:Locations|linktext=Explore the world of Alan Partridge
      Texts-illlustration_1-cropped.png|Texts|link=Category:Texts|linktext=Explore the story of Alan Partridge on CD, DVD and on paper
      </gallery>
      }}

{{Box
      | header   = Activity Feed
      | content  = <activityfeed size=3 hideimages=true hidevideos=true hidecategories=true/>
      }}

{{Box
      | header   = Get Started
      | content  = <createbox/>
      }}
      <mainpage-endcolumn/>

<mainpage-rightcolumn-start />
      {{Box
      | header   = Blog Feed
      | content  = <bloglist summary=true summarylength=250 title="Community blogs">
      <category>Blog posts</category>
      </bloglist>
      }}

{{Box
      | header   = Poll
      | content  = <poll>
      What's your favourite episode of I'm Alan Partridge?
      A Room With An Alan
      Alan Attraction
      Watership Alan
      Basic Alan
      To Kill a Mocking Alan
      Towering Alan
      The Talented Mr. Alan
      The Colour of Alan
      Bravealan
      Never Say Alan Again
      I Know What Alan Did Last Summer
      Alan Wide Shut
      </poll>
      }}
      <mainpage-endcolumn/>
        Loading editor
    • Thanks for your help. How do I customise this template (e.g. change colours)?

Also, why has it aligned the blog text centre now? My top links have also disappeared.

Loading editor
    • You'll have to edit the template for that. border: 4px solid #0055ff deals with border color, background: #0055ff; deals with the background color of header, and color: #fff; deals with the text color of header. The bits I bolded are what you'd replace with desired color.

And it's centered because I centered the text in the template. If you'd like to have the blog bit aligned to left, then replace this from homepage:
      {{Box
      | header   = Community blogs
      | content  = <bloglist summary=true summarylength=250>
      </bloglist>
      }}
      with this:
      {{Box
      | header   = Community blogs
      | content  = <span style="text-align: left;"><bloglist summary=true summarylength=250>
      </bloglist></span>
      }}
      And I missed adding the top links, so my apologies. Looks like you added them yourself, though! :)
        Loading editor
    • Thanks. I've have a look at that.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.