FANDOM

• I spent at least two hours editing a page only to accidentally click a link to another page and lose all of my work. When I pressed back, all of my changes made were gone. Please try to understand my frustration when I say that I am extremely angry about this, and I am unimpressed that this happened, because a simple pop-up box is all that was needed to prevent it. 

Loading editor
    • This Feature already exists as far as I'm aware. I at the very least get such a message everytime I try to leave a page I'm editing

Loading editor
    • What browser are you on? I'm on Chrome, and I've just tested it once more, still no pop-up. Guess the only choice I have to workaround this is to use a word document before making the changes. 

Loading editor
    • Weird I'm also using Chrome and do get an pop-up

Loading editor
    • If you go to another tab and you close by accident the tab you were editing, there won't be a pop-up. Probably that's what he means.

Loading editor
    • I didn't close the page, I clicked the home button of my browser by mistake.

Loading editor
    • Williek11 wrote: If you go to another tab and you close by accident the tab you were editing, there won't be a pop-up. Probably that's what he means.

I get an pop-up when I do that as well.

Loading editor
    • What wiki were you on? This might just be a specific feature for certain wikis, but I was on the Villains Fandom. Like I say, I'll just follow the workaround procedure I noted above.

Loading editor
    • CaptainAlexioC wrote: What wiki were you on? This might just be a specific feature for certain wikis, but I was on the Villains Fandom. Like I say, I'll just follow the workaround procedure I noted above.

Nope its a Chrome thing (which I know because the message for me is in Dutch which is the language I've selected for Chrome while I run Fandom in English)

Loading editor
    • So FANDOM has a few key shortcuts that sometimes get triggered unexpectedly... If I were to guess, that might be what triggered the popup.

Also I believe, for security purposes clicking the back button won't restore your work because the FANDOM system sometimes sees that as an attempt at session hijacking.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: So FANDOM has a few key shortcuts that sometimes get triggered unexpectedly... If I were to guess, that might be what triggered the popup

No I've has this for forever and also on non Fandom sites. Its definitely some kind of Chrome thing

Loading editor
    • Okay, so I just repro'd your issue and it does seem like an oversight by the Visual Editor functionality... I would report it to FANDOM staff via "Contact us".

The legacy Visual Editor really should warn you when trying to navigate away, but it doesn't. If you want to avoid this problem, you should use the Source Editor. They may not want to fix the problem, though, since the Visual Editor in the UCP doesn't seem to have this problem.

Loading editor
    • Thank you.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.