FANDOM

• why isn't the import Js on my wiki working https://bgs-community-contant.fandom.com/wiki/MediaWiki:ImportJS 

Loading editor
    • Heya! Around the middle of the imports, it has this line:

@import "/load.php?mode=articles&articles=u:dev:MediaWiki:ModernWikiActivity.css&only=styles";

That doesn't go on ImportJS, instead you'd have to put it on Mediawiki:Common.js. (Note: After saving your changes there, you'd have to click "Submit for review" on the side).

Loading editor
    • Ok

Loading editor
    • Were submit for view

Loading editor
    • ImportJS should work now, let me know if it doesn't :)

The line you removed however, belongs here: https://bgs-community-contant.fandom.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.css

Loading editor
    • Ok

Loading editor
    • That's incorrect. It's an import for CSS, not JS, so it should be imported in MediaWiki:Wikia.css. It should be placed at the very top in the CSS page. 

Loading editor
    • Hey, upon further review, it seems that's already imported into Import JS separately, as it already has this:

dev:MediaWiki:ModernWikiActivity.css
        Loading editor
    • Ok

Loading editor
    • Does ImportJS seem to work now? It seems that css import was added to ImportJS twice, which could cause even more errors.

Loading editor
    • Idk yet

Loading editor
    • @TortoiseCa5 ImportJS is only for JavaScript, not CSS. So it will not work. And the CSS import is not correct.

@import "/load.php?mode=articles&articles=u:dev:MediaWiki:ModernWikiActivity.css&only=styles";

should be placed in the wiki MediaWiki:Wikia.css. As I said, it should be imported at the very top of the CSS page since it is an import. And all you need to do after that is to wait a few minutes to bypass cache and changes should be set. 

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.