FANDOM

• I just got the migration notification on the wiki I admin and have a few questions:

1. Is there any way of having a more specific time frame for the migration than "in the next few weeks"?

2. Where can I test out editing on a UCP wiki? I remember seeing one a while back but couldn't find the post that linked it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Loading editor
    • The timeframe of migration for a specific wiki is pretty vague, partially because of potential complications in the migration process, if there are problems when migrating a wiki, "a few weeks" still holds true. My estimation would be to have it migrated in around 2 weeks, but there is a big chance it could be earlier or later. In terms of testing, there is the sandbox wiki where you can do that.

Loading editor
    • You have our sympathies... which wiki is this?

Loading editor
    • Thanks Mendes2.

Fandyllic wrote: You have our sympathies... which wiki is this?

The Delicious in Dungeon Wiki - it's fairly small so I understand why Fandom's moving it now, but it would be nice if some of the bigger bugs outlined here were ironed out before moving wikis onto the platform.

Loading editor
    • FYI, I think the global footer (AnimangaFooter) on the main page is going to break when the UCP transition happens.

Once the transition happens, you should make a giant report to FANDOM staff of all the stuff UCP breaks.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: FYI, I think the global footer (AnimangaFooter) on the main page is going to break when the UCP transition happens.

Once the transition happens, you should make a giant report to FANDOM staff of all the stuff UCP breaks.

Looks like it's happened! AnimangaFooter doesn't appear to have broken - although I can't say I was looking at it on the Main Page of the wiki particularly often.

I've submitted a bug report - nothing major as far as I can tell? - should I add them to the unofficial reports page too?

edit: Since I don't really know what category these bugs come under, I'll just write them here -

1. All edits are listed as unpatrolled even when made by an admin/bureaucrat/sysop

2. On the "Recent Changes" page, one "contribs" links is formatted as a redlink despite the link actually existing and working?

3. Both <createbox> and <poll> no longer work.

4. Notifications from Message Walls on non-UCP communities don't show up on UCP wikis (had to hop onto this wiki before I was notified of Fandyllic's response to my message.

Loading editor
    • You're right, the Animanga footer works! They must have fixed CC transclusion which is very nice.

‌#3 and #4 might be known issues. Otherwise it is good to hear the transition was relatively smooth.

One thing you might not have noticed is that the content area for the page is narrower when you make you window wide compared to the legacy wiki version, which is annoying, but not awful.

On a side note, I hope Delicious in Dungeon gets an anime adaptation. Similar stuff like Restaurant to Another World and Isekai Izakaya got adaptations, so I don't see why Delicious in Dungeon shouldn't get one.

Loading editor
    • I didn't notice the content area issue, but I did notice a difference in spacing which makes the page content look fairly cramped - hopefully that is fixed at some point.

I hope it gets an anime adaptation too - I've a feeling it doesn't either because of the author's wishes or because it does get a little bloody at times. Here's hoping!

Loading editor
    • The content area looks cramped because it is smaller in width. I've looked at legacy and UCP wikis side-by-side.

Have you seen Elfen Lied or Goblin Slayer? Violence and gore never stopped an anime adaptation. It could be the author's wishes that may be preventing an adaptation, but that is unusual. Also, they supposedly already did an anime commercial, so the author wasn't opposed to that.

Loading editor
    • Ah, that'd explain it.

That's true - I haven't seen either of those but am aware of more violent anime than Delicious in Dungeon would ever be.

The only reason I think the author might not be interested in an anime adaptation is that she seems fairly private and might not be someone who is interested in the level of publicity that an anime generally brings. The commercial, however, really does tease the potential for an anime adaptation, so we can hope!

Loading editor
    • Notifications for non-UCP message walls will not be added. Fandom sees it as a waste of time to incorporate that feature into UCP since all wikis will be converted to UCP and thus, eventually, there will be no non-UCP message walls to get notifications from. That was their logic behind not having it for Discussions and that was 4+ years ago.

Regarding the Template:Animangafooter, there were previously 2 issues:

1. Interwiki transclusion wasn't working
      2. Hotlinking images wasn't working

At the time you created this thread, interwiki transclusion had already been fixed for some time. The fact that the template works indicates that the hotlinking issue is now also fixed.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.