FANDOM


  • A user at the Jurassic Park wiki is posting insulting spam messages and porn. Every time one of his accounts is banned, he just creates another, showing he has range to multiple IPs and IP ranges, making him impossible to block. He has no intention of leaving.

    Is there any way to either limit the IPs a wiki member can have OR a way to control new members? Because it's clear that nothing works.

      Loading editor
    • Ban the IP range. Sure, you may also ban innocent users on the range, but they can be unblocked easily. I'm not an administrator, but this is helpful advice.

        Loading editor
    • Unfortunately, not possible to block since the vandal uses VPN. The only way is block, revert and ignore.

        Loading editor
    • Then close the entire wiki to new members, because it's clear he's never going to stop. He said so himself.

        Loading editor
    • I have an idea ask the admins to reboot the discussion board if it gets shut down for a little bit and reboot it. it will be clear of what the user did and might make them go away if there is no longer a place to post their comments. Just an idea I had.

        Loading editor
    • He'll just post them on the wiki itself.

        Loading editor
    • It was an idea maybe we need to close the wiki to new users then only allow users in that are going to listen and follow the rules and not cause issues. To figure out which ones are good and which ones are bad we meet them here on an admins or bureaucrat members account to figure out which ones are good and which is bad. It might be the only way to prevent issues with the wiki. As much as I love being able to be on the wiki I don't want to have to deal with people like that user.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe we can do this just shut down the system for a few days or a week then maybe he'll go away cause he has nothing left to post either that or we get a swat team

      But i all seriousness though we need to save this fandom i dont like it when people get abused like this he has already made my best friend therapod king leave temporary i want to get revenge on this madman and i can tell all of you do as well so alert me if the shutdown will start i cant wait to see the look on his face and i hope his parents find out about this

        Loading editor
    • Im not letting this fandom fall in flames just like isla nublar did without a fight we need to devise a trap or a plan and here is my plan we shut down the discussion posts for a week or a month so he cant post anything and he will move onto something else entirely i hope this gets done cause i am not risking loosing this fandom it means so much to me and here's quote from my dinosaur train evolution fanfiction

      "dont fall

      Dont back down

      Dont fail until we prevail"

      We will get through this you wanna know why? Cause like a wise man once said

      "life finds a way"

        Loading editor
    • And at the end of all of this we will play our national anthem to reward ourselves for dealing with crooks like these if you need me im right here and if anybody tries to harm our fandom they speak to me and i dont go down without a fight until i win

      Bless all of you pure souls

        Loading editor
    • TokihikoH11 wrote:
      Unfortunately, not possible to block since the vandal uses VPN. The only way is block, revert and ignore.

      Is there not a way to shut down the discussion forum? I reckon the vandal would've posted there by now if they were aware of it.

        Loading editor
    • Report it to VSTF or FANDOM staff. This thread has been just a waste of space and time.

        Loading editor
    • I've already done both:

        Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: Report it to VSTF or FANDOM staff. This thread has been just a waste of space and time.

      You don't understand - he is unblockable. He just creates a new account immediately afterwards. He has multiple IP ranges. If he didn't, I wouldn't have created this.

        Loading editor
    • I have made a statement to them and I don't have issues with the spammer after a while because someone comes and eliminates his posts at least on the Jurassic World San Diego Wiki.

        Loading editor
    • Give it some time... these things aren't instantaneous. It looks like even though this thread was created yesterday, nothing was reported until today.

        Loading editor
    • I reported yesterday

        Loading editor
    • Well the VSTF report has today's date.

        Loading editor
    • It was out of business hours.

        Loading editor
    • Is posting porn a violation of TOS?

        Loading editor
    • Yes

        Loading editor
    • WarioWario wrote: Is posting porn a violation of TOS?

      You might want to look at https://www.fandom.com/terms-of-use for more information.

        Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: Well the VSTF report has today's date.

      Fandyllic, he is continuing to post the same porn image on other wikis, such as the Gravity Falls wiki. He is clearly not going to stop, reporting him to people does nothing because he uses VPN to bypass all bans and he clearly isn't going to "get bored" because he's been obsessed with harrassing me for two years now. So, no, it's not a waste of time, it's serious - he's not going to stop until the day he dies (and no, that's not a threat, that's what he actually said), or I get banned, which as of right now, there are no grounds to ban me.

        Loading editor
    • Have you considered asking someone there to lock the site down until the user(s) get autoconfirmed (4 days old)?

      That might be confusing for you, but essentially it would prevent editing until the user is labeled as autoconfirmed by the wiki.

        Loading editor
    • That rule doesn't apply to the discussion forums, though. That's the problem. And that's what he's targeting.

        Loading editor
    • Well, you can always ask the admins to create a form to ask staff to disable discussions for at least a month or two to see if the situation was resolved.

        Loading editor
    • This happened with Idea Wiki.

      We know what you're going through.

      DragonSaber73, um...bro, I think you're doing too much

      This ain't Les Miserables.

      But still who wants to see dinosaur dongs, not me.

        Loading editor
    • Well, if FANDOM staff doesn't want to do anything, you're mostly out of luck. If your wiki isn't big enough, they often choose not to care.

        Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: Well, if FANDOM staff doesn't want to do anything, you're mostly out of luck. If your wiki isn't big enough, they often choose not to care.

      But Fandom staff can't do anything because, again, he has numerous IP ranges and he's been doing this for two years, so he's not going to stop until he gets his way - and he's been told he won't (by other fandom staff no less) because what happened happened two years ago.

      Trust me, he's not going to stop and he's going to abuse everything he can to get his way.

        Loading editor
    • As I mentioned a few replies above, you could ask the administrators there to disable discussions until the problem ends.

        Loading editor
    • The problem is he said that he will just go and mess up the fandom it's self if we take down the discussion board

        Loading editor
    • CrashBash wrote:

      But Fandom staff can't do anything because, again, he has numerous IP ranges and he's been doing this for two years, so he's not going to stop until he gets his way - and he's been told he won't (by other fandom staff no less) because what happened happened two years ago.

      Trust me, he's not going to stop and he's going to abuse everything he can to get his way.

      Clearly we can't just have this person spam the discussion thread with unwanted porn. What solution would you propose?

      Spinosaurus wrangler wrote:
      The problem is he said that he will just go and mess up the fandom it's self if we take down the discussion board

      Source? I haven't seen any sort of comment like that from them.

        Loading editor
    • It was on another wiki that i am admin on  that has been taken down. 

        Loading editor
    • CrashBash wrote:

      But Fandom staff can't do anything because, again, he has numerous IP ranges and he's been doing this for two years, so he's not going to stop until he gets his way - and he's been told he won't (by other fandom staff no less) because what happened happened two years ago.

      Trust me, he's not going to stop and he's going to abuse everything he can to get his way.

      That's not true. FANDOM staff could add features in the software to lessen the impact of vandals like this, they just don't care enough. There is an AbuseFilter extension that works on the wiki side, but Discussions is far behind on administrative and moderation features. It is really annoying to moderate.

        Loading editor
    • Mjmannella wrote:
      I've already done both:

      Have you told them he's using multiple IP ranges?

      Also have all beuarecrats, admins and mods on the JP wiki been notified of the spammer?

        Loading editor
    • Dino6444
      Dino6444 removed this reply because:
      Unnecessary
      22:10, July 14, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • CrashBash wrote:

      Fandyllic wrote: Well the VSTF report has today's date.

      Fandyllic, he is continuing to post the same porn image on other wikis, such as the Gravity Falls wiki. He is clearly not going to stop, reporting him to people does nothing because he uses VPN to bypass all bans and he clearly isn't going to "get bored" because he's been obsessed with harrassing me for two years now. So, no, it's not a waste of time, it's serious - he's not going to stop until the day he dies (and no, that's not a threat, that's what he actually said), or I get banned, which as of right now, there are no grounds to ban me.

      Why would the vandal want you banned?

        Loading editor
    • This is the internet. Everything is complicated.

      There is very little evidence in this thread that the vandal was actually that big of a problem... sounds more like a FANDOM newbie overreacting.

        Loading editor
    • We've been keeping an eye out and they seem to have slowed down on the trolling.

        Loading editor
    • The spammer is back again.

        Loading editor
    • its easy to ignore that kid

        Loading editor
    • Then tell everyone to stop messaging that spammer since it is also feeding the damn troll.

        Loading editor
    • The porn spammer had not just raided the Jurassic Park Wiki, but also the Harry Potter Wiki and etc.

        Loading editor
    • Have all of his accounts blocked?

        Loading editor
    • WarioWario wrote: Have all of his accounts blocked?

      Ask the admins and the bureaucreats at the Jurassic Park and Harry Potter Wikis.

        Loading editor
    • Is this the part where police can be asked to step in?

        Loading editor
    • 221.121.152.227 wrote: Is this the part where police can be asked to step in?

      Not sure.

        Loading editor
    • Ya might as well call the police at this point.

        Loading editor
    • Casper Cain wrote: Ya might as well call the police at this point.

      I'm from Europe tho.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not even sure how the police would even be able to resolve this situation. They can't get his location from his IP since he keeps changing it.

        Loading editor
    • I have an announcement to make! The spammer is a user named Arnelia Jene!

        Loading editor
    • That sounds like a girl's name

      Unless the spammer is a G.I.R.L (Guy on the Internet in Real Life)

      There's a difference between "girl" and GIRL.

      Idea Wiki had a similar problem about a year or two ago with a user named "SquidwardPepe"

      I don't know what else to say but, you handle this, Imma head out.

        Loading editor
    • Casper Cain wrote: That sounds like a girl's name

      Unless the spammer is a G.I.R.L (Guy on the Internet in Real Life)

      There's a difference between "girl" and GIRL.

      Idea Wiki had a similar problem about a year or two ago with a user named "SquidwardPepe"

      I don't know what else to say but, you handle this, Imma head out.

      Yeah, SquidwardPepe terrorized the Surreal Memes Wiki by vandalizing pages and replacing them with porn videos.

        Loading editor
    • Alright guys here's the official discussion on JP wiki

      https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000000921

        Loading editor
    • CROCBOI wrote: Alright guys here's the official discussion on JP wiki

      https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000000921

      Nice

        Loading editor
    • Mjmannella wrote:
      I'm not even sure how the police would even be able to resolve this situation. They can't get his location from his IP since he keeps changing it.

      He may be able to change his IP easily now but were there times when he didn't use such ability? Like, if he started spamming porn for revenge because he was once banned from a wiki, then there's a chance to find his real IP back in the logs.

        Loading editor
    • 118.127.60.41 wrote:

      Mjmannella wrote:
      I'm not even sure how the police would even be able to resolve this situation. They can't get his location from his IP since he keeps changing it.

      He may be able to change his IP easily now but were there times when he didn't use such ability? Like, if he started spamming porn for revenge because he was once banned from a wiki, then there's a chance to find his real IP back in the logs.

      IIRC, IP info can only be stored for 6 months, legally. I've done sock IP requests that couldn't be answered because they were too far in the past.

        Loading editor
    • XTeodor12 wrote:

      Casper Cain wrote: That sounds like a girl's name

      Unless the spammer is a G.I.R.L (Guy on the Internet in Real Life)

      There's a difference between "girl" and GIRL.

      Idea Wiki had a similar problem about a year or two ago with a user named "SquidwardPepe"

      I don't know what else to say but, you handle this, Imma head out.

      Yeah, SquidwardPepe terrorized the Surreal Memes Wiki by vandalizing pages and replacing them with porn videos.

      Was it the same kind of porn images?

      Squidpepe tended to spam the same images over and over.

        Loading editor
    • Generally they've the same gif (porn) and the same image (an anus), though they have posted different gifs before.

        Loading editor
    • Their taste in smut is dry

      at least switch it up.

      The internet may be for porn (but not on a mostly family-friendly wiki)

      The person's a sexually frustrated, utterly boring troll.

      Pretend they don't exist.

        Loading editor
    • Casper Cain wrote:

      XTeodor12 wrote:

      Casper Cain wrote: That sounds like a girl's name

      Unless the spammer is a G.I.R.L (Guy on the Internet in Real Life)

      There's a difference between "girl" and GIRL.

      Idea Wiki had a similar problem about a year or two ago with a user named "SquidwardPepe"

      I don't know what else to say but, you handle this, Imma head out.

      Yeah, SquidwardPepe terrorized the Surreal Memes Wiki by vandalizing pages and replacing them with porn videos.

      Was it the same kind of porn images?

      Squidpepe tended to spam the same images over and over.

      Yes, the same kind of porn images.

        Loading editor
    • And probably all out of boredom.

        Loading editor
    • Make sure you all don't feed the trolls - making comments or threads about trolls feeds them into doing it more. It's better to report the posts to the admins or mods, and then ignore their attempts at gaining attention.

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.