FANDOM

• Hello, a question -- I've actually had to advise others to hold off giving me any additional rights because each surprise admin appointment has reset my clock to 90 days. Would an unsolicited bureaucrat appointment also reset the 90 days (on a wiki I was already an admin on since last year)? Thank you very much.

Loading editor
    • It's not practicable for us to distinguish between a "solicited" and "unsolicited" admin/crat appointment. That's why the rules merely say "whether by appointment or adoption" — not something like, "whether by willing appointment or adoption".

Loading editor
    • Got it. In that case, I was curious whether a bureaucrat promotion would reset the 90-day clock on a site where I was already an admin.

Loading editor
    • Yep.

Loading editor
    • Ah, thanks for replying. Then this may need to be clarified in the adoption guidelines as I recall at least one other user had inquired about a similar circumstance. You'll see the details when you get to my adoption request.

Loading editor
    • Thank you very much for the detailed reply. :) I hadn't thought about the export / import option. I had mirrored pages of overlapping topics about Macromedia in the Adobe Wiki as a hedge as I had experienced dead wikis getting deleted in the past. However, my interest in the other wiki was driven by Adobe starting to scrub itself of Macromedia's history as technologies got rebranded or deprecated (e.g. Flash). My interest in analytics was also piqued as I discovered foreign territories seeking out information on older topics from the wiki because they were being dropped from Adobe's official website. This may seem a little sisyphean, but I'll reapply next month and explore your merger / redirect suggestion. Thanks again!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.