FANDOM

• Some of the admins  on Memory Alpha, specifically Gsuvalan and Archduk3, like to argue with me about everything and once they even banned me because i removed an assumtion/speculation from a wiki page because they like to keep the pages full of speculkation and assumptions. They are very agressive and like to make rude remarks when i try to have a calm debate with them. The Memory Alpha policy states that bans and blocks are only used to prevent harmful edits, not to punish users. these hypocrites have broken their own policies. gsuvalan is always arguing about me and talking the opposite opinion just because he wnats to argue with me because gsuvalan doenst like me. Everything i say is ignored. Archduk 3 converses with me less but when he or she does, it is a bit brutal. Archduk will gang up on me with gsuvalan and Archduk is the one that makes some very snide and disrespectful remarks. recently Archduk3 banned me for a week because i acuused them of targeting and bullying me, DESPITE the fact that wiki policy specificaly states that bans and block are only used to prevent harmful edits.  The reason provided was that i should "stop trying to make myself a martyr" and that I was harassing them. What the actual hell?! I didnt even edit the page. I just said something on the talk page that made Archduk3 mad. This is ridiculpous how corupt these admins are. They target me and harass and bully me. Please help.

Loading editor
    • This is the wrong place to complain about admins or blocks. Almost 90% of the time people who complain here about stuff like this get revealed to be telling a biased version of the story and the block is usually at least partially justified.

Loading editor
    • Just because someone is in power doenst mean they are just or obey their own rules. I did sonme reasearch and there is a very long history of complaints about Archduk3 in particular.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      This is the wrong place to complain about admins or blocks. Almost 90% of the time people who complain here about stuff like this get revealed to be telling a biased version of the story and the block is usually at least partially justified.

I thought Communty central is where you report admins.

Loading editor
    • Anonymous 1029384756 wrote:

Fandyllic wrote:
      This is the wrong place to complain about admins or blocks. Almost 90% of the time people who complain here about stuff like this get revealed to be telling a biased version of the story and the block is usually at least partially justified.

No, if you want to report an admin you need to contact Fandom Staff.

Loading editor
    • It started when i ws new to the wiki and i didnt know about talk pages. they told me about talk pages so the ni started using them. I later edited another page to remove what i saw as speculation and I reverted it like maybe twice and the edit was left alone until ad admin discovered it several days later and banned me. It was not a particulalry harmful edit. Bans accoridng to memory Alpha policy, are to be used to prevent harmful edits, and not as punishment. The second time was when i called them out on how i felt that they were harassing me, and banned me saying that I was harrasing them.

Loading editor
    • Memory Alpha admins have about a billion times more credibility than you... sorry.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      Memory Alpha admins have about a billion times more credibility than you... sorry.

Being an admin does not make you immune to the wikis rules and policies. Memory Alpha policy spoecifically states that users are banned to orevent harmful edits, and bans are not to be used as punishment. Also did I mention that one of these admins has a history of harasing and making fun of editors?

Loading editor
    • Sophiedp wrote:

Anonymous 1029384756 wrote:

Fandyllic wrote:
      No, if you want to report an admin you need to contact Fandom Staff.

I dont feel like compromising my privacy by giving them my email.

Loading editor
    • Also after i posted on Archduk3s tlak pag (i singed out so i could post on the talk page) my Ip adress was banned and i was banned from editing my own profile! Just because i signed out so i oculd talk on a talk page.

Loading editor
    • If they (the wiki in question) make those rules or policies and feel it is a reason to supersede them in a case by case scenario that is kind of their prerogative (you really can't cry "they aren't following the rules they made"). Using bans as punishments is not against Fandom policy, in fact I see Fandom ban as punishment themselves when they see fit often.

If there is actual abuse, you have to actually make a ticket or you are just venting/raging with no resolution.

Loading editor
    • Hollowness wrote:
      If they (the wiki in question) make those rules or policies and feel it is a reason to supersede them in a case by case scenario that is kind of their prerogative (you really can't cry "they aren't following the rules they made"). Using bans as punishments is not against Fandom policy, in fact I see Fandom ban as punishment themselves when they see fit often.

If there is actual abuse, you have to actually make a ticket or you are just venting/raging with no resolution.

I was literally blocked because i said that i felt like I was being harassed.

Loading editor

Hollowness wrote:
      If they (the wiki in question) make those rules or policies and feel it is a reason to supersede them in a case by case scenario that is kind of their prerogative (you really can't cry "they aren't following the rules they made"). Using bans as punishments is not against Fandom policy, in fact I see Fandom ban as punishment themselves when they see fit often.

It literally doesn't matter; if you don't ticket to report them.

Loading editor
    • Users may be banned from contributing to Memory Alpha under the following circumstances:

• Vandalism. If a user has made multiple or repeated edits that are considered harmful to Memory Alpha, that user should first receive a warning according to the dealing with vandalism policy. If, after the warning, the user continues to vandalize pages, a 48-hour ban may be implemented.
      • Inappropriate usernames. There are two types of inappropriate usernames that are governed by this policy:
        • If a user signs on the Memory Alpha with a username that is deemed offensive under the username policy, that username should be blocked. (Note that the IP which the user is registered to should be unblocked in order to permit them to contribute under a more appropriate username.)
        • Users who register names that are designed to impersonate other members may be banned immediately, and the IP block may be left in place.
      • Personal attacks. If a user makes repeated personal attacks against other Archivists in violation of the no personal attacks policy, that user may be banned for 48 hours to enforce a "cooling off" period.
      • Disruptive users. If a user makes disruptive edits to multiple pages (for example, quick-fire or minor incremental edits), and if all attempts to contact the user have failed, that user may be banned at the administrators' discretion, either temporarily or indefinitely (until contact with the user is made).
      • Circumventing policy. If a user attempts to circumvent policy (for instance by registering a sock puppet) for any reason, that user may be banned at the administrators' discretion, either temporarily or permanently.

In general, bans should only be considered a last resort action, not as a punishment, but simply as a means of protecting the community from harmful edits. By the same token, indefinite bans should only be considered a last resort after temporary bans fail to resolve the problem.

Loading editor
    • Doesn't matter. Ticket, reconcile with those admins or leave.

Loading editor
    • Hollowness wrote:

Hollowness wrote:

It literally doesn't matter; if you don't ticket to report them.

What does ticket to report them mean?

Loading editor
    • Sophiedp wrote: No, if you want to report an admin you need to contact Fandom Staff.

This^

Loading editor
    • The Hollowness wrote:
      Doesn't matter. Ticket, reconcile with those admins or leave.

The block included tlak poages and forums so I literally cant talk to them. When I singed out to do so, my IP adress was banned as punishment for trying to communicate

Loading editor

The Hollowness wrote:

The block included tlak poages and forums so I literally cant talk to them. When I singed out to do so, my IP adress was banned as punishment for trying to communicate

You can talk to them via CC (aka this Wiki).

Loading editor
    • Hollowness wrote:

The Hollowness wrote:
      You can talk to them via CC (aka this Wiki).

I bet you 1 million dollars they would ban me on this wiki too.

Loading editor
    • They can't, this wiki is run by Fandom, only Fandom can ban you here.

Loading editor
    • Hollowness wrote:
      They can't, this wiki is run by Fandom, only Fandom can ban you here.

What do you mean by ticket. i dont know what that means in this context. Please explain.

Loading editor
    • Sophiedp wrote: No, if you want to report an admin you need to contact Fandom Staff.

This^

Loading editor
    • what is ticketing please explain

Loading editor
    • Hollowness wrote:

Sophiedp wrote: No, if you want to report an admin you need to contact Fandom Staff.

This^

is this ticketing?

Loading editor
    • Click the link to file a report aka a ticket.

I am not replying anymore.

Loading editor
    • Im concerned about my privacy it asks for my email.

Loading editor
    • Anonymous 1029384756 wrote: Im concerned about my privacy it asks for my email.

Communication is handled via email, so it needs your email so it can contact you.

Loading editor
    • Sophiedp wrote:

Anonymous 1029384756 wrote: Im concerned about my privacy it asks for my email.

Communication is handled via email, so it needs your email so it can contact you.

Can you do it for me perhaps? And state that I requested it?

Loading editor
    • 37.120.150.2 wrote:

Sophiedp wrote:

Sorry forgot to sign in

Loading editor
    • Fandom already has your Email from when you registered. That the form asks for it is so FANDOM can double check. If you cannot trust FANDOM Staff, then you truly have no recourse.

The fact is, currently Staff rarely intervenes with local blocks because local Admins have the right to block for any reason, including No Reason. A Staff blog has said that may change in the future, but right now, that's how it is.

So click the link Sophie gave you to generate a Support Ticket to see if they agree you have a point and take action, or deal with your circumstances as they are.

Loading editor
    • 37.120.150.2 wrote:

37.120.150.2 wrote:

Sophiedp wrote:

Sorry forgot to sign in

It’s Anonymous 1029384756. The browser apparently signed me out again.

Loading editor
    • I'm not sure this is needed, but...

To report an issue to FANDOM staff, click the following link and fill out the form (preferably from your logged in FANDOM account): https://fandom.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Loading editor
    • If you do not want to contact staff, there is pretty much nothing that can be done here. So your options are:

1. Contact staff (same thing as creating a ticket)
      2. Messaging the admins here on Community Central (they cannot ban/block you here, but they can ignore/remove threads from their wall).
        Loading editor
    • Remember how I said that I posted a message after I was banned but before my IP address was banned on Archduk3’s message wall. Here is his obnoxious reply

That's nice. You're, and I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say "still", not worth the effort. Since you're clearly here with an ulterior motive though, this will get us to the end of the cycle faster. The nails will continue exponentially until you get off your cross, but you'll excuse me if I don't hold my breath. Have a good day. - Archduk3 21:01, June 29, 2020 (UTC)

Can you believe it?!

Loading editor
      Remember how I said that I posted a message after I was banned but before my IP address was banned on Archduk3’s message wall. Here is his obnoxious reply

That's nice. You're, and I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say "still", not worth the effort. Since you're clearly here with an ulterior motive though, this will get us to the end of the cycle faster. The nails will continue exponentially until you get off your cross, but you'll excuse me if I don't hold my breath. Have a good day. - Archduk3 21:01, June 29, 2020 (UTC)

Can you believe it?!

Please tell us what we can do about this? We are users, helping people posting on a community forum. About 95% of the people here can do no more about this than you can. Contact FANDOM staff, please.

Loading editor
    • Just for torture I've been looking at some of Anonymous 1029384756's contributions and the sense of righteousness and self-importance just screams out of the talk page interactions. I can see why a block was forthcoming. Users like this are painful for admins to deal with. Sometime a block is done just for pain relief.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: Just for torture I've been looking at some of Anonymous 1029384756's contributions and the sense of righteousness and self-importance just screams out of the talk page interactions. I can see why a block was forthcoming. Users like this are painful for admins to deal with. Sometime a block is done just for pain relief.

Yes, I can understand that. I've dealt with users like that on a few wikis which I administrate.

Loading editor
    • Apparently now my Ip adress has been blocked on all wikis by fandom support for vandalism. WTH happened?

Loading editor
    • DaChickenKing wrote:

Fandyllic wrote: Just for torture I've been looking at some of Anonymous 1029384756's contributions and the sense of righteousness and self-importance just screams out of the talk page interactions. I can see why a block was forthcoming. Users like this are painful for admins to deal with. Sometime a block is done just for pain relief.

Yes, I can understand that. I've dealt with users like that on a few wikis which I administrate.

Self righteousness?! What the hell. I have been typing calm messages to them until very rceently. They have been typing phrase in all caps and calling me names long before i typed angrily or even accused them of anything.

Loading editor
      Some of the admins  on Memory Alpha, specifically Gsuvalan and Archduk3, like to argue with me about everything and once they even banned me because i removed an assumtion/speculation from a wiki page because they like to keep the pages full of speculkation and assumptions. They are very agressive and like to make rude remarks when i try to have a calm debate with them. The Memory Alpha policy states that bans and blocks are only used to prevent harmful edits, not to punish users. these hypocrites have broken their own policies. gsuvalan is always arguing about me and talking the opposite opinion just because he wnats to argue with me because gsuvalan doenst like me. Everything i say is ignored. Archduk 3 converses with me less but when he or she does, it is a bit brutal. Archduk will gang up on me with gsuvalan and Archduk is the one that makes some very snide and disrespectful remarks. recently Archduk3 banned me for a week because i acuused them of targeting and bullying me, DESPITE the fact that wiki policy specificaly states that bans and block are only used to prevent harmful edits.  The reason provided was that i should "stop trying to make myself a martyr" and that I was harassing them. What the actual hell?! I didnt even edit the page. I just said something on the talk page that made Archduk3 mad. This is ridiculpous how corupt these admins are. They target me and harass and bully me. Please help.

Staff do not do anything to local admins unless they have racially abused you or something similar, and you need proof.....even if they banned you for literally NO REASON, staff here will not do a thing about it, they wont even look into it either they will just assume the admin blocked you in good faith. They do, however, ban users upon local admin request without really looking into it ( because it is much easier to assume someone who was voted in as an admin is a fair and wise person instead of a bullied as a kid nerd who now takes everything personal) so be careful about how you complain, my friend. 

Loading editor

Apparently now my Ip adress has been blocked on all wikis by fandom support for vandalism. WTH happened?

I see no evidence of this... you were likely caught in a IP range block that will be temporary... also, you couldn't post on CC if that were true.

Your user profile would show if you're blocked intentionally. You do know that, right?

Loading editor
    • It has gotten far worse. I recently got blocked after I made an edit to a page once, a very minor edit and I was immediately blocked for an entire month. Those biases against me have grown and they are practically looking for reasons to block me. I have been accused of having an agenda. They won't stop until the band have increased to an infinite one. This goes against policy which doesn't say anything about banning users for making an edit the admin didn't like. After I posted on my own talk page after the bam when they had again accused me of having an agenda, the paramaeters of the ban were extended so that I couldn't even edit My own talk page. Because of conspiracy theories I will likely never be able to go a full week of editing without being banned for no reason or some ludicrous reason that applies to no one else. I am doomed forever and there is nothing I can do about it. I am silenced the moment I say anything expressing frustration with them about being banned. I have repeatedly said that I do not have an agenda and am very confused as to where that came from. They continue to insist everything to the point of gaslighting. Unless someohow all the admins were replaced I may never be able to edit ever.

Loading editor
      It has gotten far worse. I recently got blocked after I made an edit to a page once, a very minor edit and I was immediately blocked for an entire month. Those biases against me have grown and they are practically looking for reasons to block me. I have been accused of having an agenda. They won't stop until the band have increased to an infinite one. This goes against policy which doesn't say anything about banning users for making an edit the admin didn't like. After I posted on my own talk page after the bam when they had again accused me of having an agenda, the paramaeters of the ban were extended so that I couldn't even edit My own talk page. Because of conspiracy theories I will likely never be able to go a full week of editing without being banned for no reason or some ludicrous reason that applies to no one else. I am doomed forever and there is nothing I can do about it. I am silenced the moment I say anything expressing frustration with them about being banned. I have repeatedly said that I do not have an agenda and am very confused as to where that came from. They continue to insist everything to the point of gaslighting. Unless someohow all the admins were replaced I may never be able to edit ever.

Sorry if we forgot to repeat ourselves 100 times: This forum can't do anything about it. You an contact FANDOM staff, but this is a community forum and they can't do anything about the "admin abuse"

Loading editor
    • Ok but can someone at least acknowledge how this isn't even remotely fair?

Loading editor
      Ok but can someone at least acknowledge how this isn't even remotely fair?

I can't because this is an extremely one-sided story and I don't even see any proof.

Loading editor
    • What @DaChickenKing said.

Plus, these boards don't exist for unnecessary validation of unproven claims.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.