FANDOM

• Hi everyone !

So i'd like to make an interractive map for a game wiki (Grounded).

Lurking in the technical help and the fandom university, I didn't find anything to help me.

Do someone know how this could be achieved ?

The ideal - but probably impossible - goal : To integrate an interractive map in a fandom page. I have trouble for this since 1) I can't find any good and noob friendly online map creator tool, despite good interractive maps found for other games like this one for GTAV (link outside fandom), and 2) I'm not sure any fandom integration is possible.

The more realist goal : To use the fandom tools to create a clickable image wich will lead to another page detailling the selected area/biome within that map. I have troubles for this since I can't find any tool that would allow specific image manipulation (beyond position/size/caption/link), and especially something that would allow me to separate the different area into different clickable zones, because the areas are not rectangular (if they were, I would have cuted the image into rectangles and filled a Table with them to create the illusion of a single image).

Here is a link to the page containing the map I'd like to do somthing with.

Do you know anything that could help me ? Maybe not a direct solution, but a link to a place with potential tools that could help me, within fandom or outside ?

thx for reading !

Loading editor
    • There is ImageMap that should work with maps like that. If you're using real maps, there is also the possibility to use the Maps extension instead. Both are not easy to implement though.

Loading editor
    • Mendes2 wrote:
      There is ImageMap that should work with maps like that. If you're using real maps, there is also the possibility to use the Maps extension instead. Both are not easy to implement though.

Wow many many thanx, that's exactly what I was looking for. If anyone has advices wether using one solution over the other please share, but if not I guess we could consider this request fullfilled and the thread over. See ya Mendes2 :)

Loading editor
    • The former. Setting it up is an arduous task and it won't work on mobile IIRC, but it's a cool feature.

Loading editor
    • There used to be some solutions that were a billion times better than what you can do now, but they were all killed.

Here is an example of cool maps with icons that is unfortunately hard to port to other wikis and is now on an abandoned wiki: https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Orgrimmar#Points_of_interest

Not exactly interactive, but gives you the idea of how far FANDOM has fallen.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      The former. Setting it up is an arduous task and it won't work on mobile IIRC, but it's a cool feature.

Yep, ended up using that. I was easier than I thought because it's already implemented in the fandom base wiki template, and it's rather easy to understand just with the description page provided. Sure it's tedious to input coordinates one by one, but once you've made one zone you're ready to accelerate the workflow.

You can check the result on this page, thanks to both of you.

https://grounded.fandom.com/wiki/Biomes

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.