FANDOM

• I hope Iโ€™m not being too rude about this, but I understand you can live in the past, but why the new wiki format? I like the old format better, but Iโ€™d like to know why you changed it. If you can, could yo also explain JavaScript to me? Thanks

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

Loading editor
    • Hey there - the new wiki format runs on newer, upgraded technology. Right now it's still in development, which means that things you see on the new format is still work in progress.

There's more info here, with some commonly asked questions: Help:Unified Community Platform

JavaScript is code that lets you add different functions and customisations to your wiki. Some common ones include adding a Discord widget, or help make bulk changes to a wiki.

Loading editor
    • Ooh ๐Ÿ˜ฏ. Ok ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

Cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž, can you add JavaScript to my wiki? Or no.

Loading editor
    • If you could provide a link, it would be helpful since some wikis (particularly those that were made after March 11th) donโ€™t have site JS support yet.

Loading editor
    • Oh, my Wiki was made after March 11th, hereโ€™s the link anyway [animals wiki]

Loading editor
    • UCP wikis don't have support for site JS yet so it can't be enabled, but when UCP does support it, the place to request it would be Special:Contact.

Loading editor
    • Okay thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.