FANDOM

• Cheeseskates
    Cheeseskates closed this thread because:
    resolved
    09:48, July 4, 2020

Hi,

I just saw you edited Adoption:My scratchpad Wiki (4) to include my answer. While I thank you for that it was scary as hell because I was editing that page at the same time to copy-paste my answer when I got the someone else edited since you started notification. So I leave the editing page without saving anything thinking it was probably you only to find out that my edits suddenly existed without me making them because you copy pasted them

Loading editor
    • It was a novel experience for both of us. Sorry for the spook.

I have learned, though, and can see how I'll adapt to how you work. You seem to make responses as soon as possible. I'll then wait about 30 minutes for you to make a response before I interact to make SITENAME changes.

This is how I plan to co-ordinate properly. If you have other suggestions or plans to change your own behaviour, feel free to reply.

Cheers!

Loading editor
    • Its more that I tend to read all the Recent Changes once in a while. And then just react How do you mean SITENAME changes? As in the links?

Cheers!

Loading editor
    • "{{SITENAME}}" is a magic word that, when deployed, displays the 'site name' of the wiki.

e.g. {{SITENAME}} on Community Central = Community Central

The purpose is to organise adoption request names. "My Scratchpad Wiki" might seem like the first adoption request for the wiki. Its SITENAME, however, is "My scratchpad Wiki". Thus, when checking Category:Completed requests, we can see there were three other requests for "My scratchpad Wiki" in that capitalisation. "My Scratchpad Wiki" is the fourth request, therefore, because the wiki up for adoption is the same as in the completed requests.

Loading editor
    • Cheeseskates wrote: "{{SITENAME}}" is a magic word that, when deployed, displays the 'site name' of the wiki.

e.g. {{SITENAME}} on Community Central = Community Central

The purpose is to organise adoption request names. "My Scratchpad Wiki" might seem like the first adoption request for the wiki. Its SITENAME, however, is "My scratchpad Wiki". Thus, when checking Category:Completed requests, we can see there were three other requests for "My scratchpad Wiki" in that capitalisation. "My Scratchpad Wiki" is the fourth request, therefore, because the wiki up for adoption is the same as in the completed requests.

Oh, if you want to do that fine by me. I always forget that that's even a thing. I tend to see a request write a response and fix any link/bold formatting. Any higher order edits like SITENAME I'll leave to editors like you. Are you okay with that?

Loading editor
    • Sure. I've been doing it for a while anyway. The problem that arose was both of us working simultaneously on adoption pages. The solution is that I wait until you're finished before I interact with them.

Thanks for your help. Anything else you want to comment?

Loading editor
    • Cheeseskates wrote: Sure. I've been doing it for a while anyway. The problem that arose was both of us working simultaneously on adoption pages. The solution is that I wait until you're finished before I interact with them.

Thanks for your help. Anything else you want to comment?

Not really although I love how when you just make a comment the timestamp is a minute from now. Like since when can Fandom see into the future?

Loading editor
    • Yet to see that. Sounds weird :#

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.