FANDOM

• Hey Elia, even though you removed the thread, I still go the message and wanted to check in if everything is okay. If you wish to speak more in private, you can always reach me on Discord of you have an account, or we can find some other form of communication if you'd like. Kind regards.

Loading editor
    • I'm okay with speaking here. I'm sorry to have bothered you. Its just I'm depressed since the admin I was talking about earlier was really mean to me. He is uncompromising and has blocked me twice. All I wanted was to remove an embarrassing thread from my message wall but he refused to let me. No other admin I've met on any other wiki has ever made a fuss over this. I feel like he's making a "mountain out of a molehill".

Loading editor
    • you there?

Loading editor
    • Hey Elia, I did some digging into the situation. Hailing from a wiki that employs the same principle of "message walls are archives", I can tell you that the rationale behind that rule is to provide a user history. So if anyone would ever request rights on the wiki, there are "public records" of the user's conduct on the wiki to see how they interacted and more importantly, how they grew.

The problem here is that I can see why you see it as a "mountain out of a molehill"-situation, as removing a message is indeed not a big deal, but the admin perceived it as a user being unwilling to listen after being told how the wiki operates. You can try to reach out to the admin here to get your block lifted, but even if they would, that message will not be allowed to be removed. That said, embarrassment aside (because for what it's worth, I totally understand the embarrassment you feel in regards to the message: I too have a similar message like that on my home wiki, ran into the same problem like three times before I caught on) the message itself was a simple reminder of the rules, it was not meant to publicly humiliate you. In general you may assume that's never the goal of anyone around here. So perhaps do try to reach out and try to regain access to the wiki.

One last thing though, you are never a bother. If you have a question or concern, you may always reach out!

Loading editor
    • Thanks for understanding. One last thing though. Am I allowed to give you the username of the admin who has been giving me all that trouble? or do you already know?

Loading editor
    • You are allowed, but in this case it's unnecessary, as I know which admin you're talking about. Which is also why I can say though that they did not mean to attack you in any personal way; they just have a general businesslike approach to things, which may be perceived to be harsher than intended.

Loading editor
    • ok good to know thanks

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.