FANDOM

• Okay, I know that I make a lot of Forum requests, I am a noob. But this time I thought that when I moved this certain page, the checkbox that said "Leave a redirect behind" meant the opposite of what it really means. So now, I want the redirect to actually be there because I have some links that go to that page and now, it is still a redlink.

Loading editor
    • The checkbox is not opposite of what it means... If the "leave redirect behind" box is checked, the page with the original name will "lave behind" a redirect to the new page name.

Without links to what you're talking about we can't tell if you just made a mistake.

Loading editor
    • Let's call the old page Page1 and the new page Page2. On Page1, place the following content as the very first (preferably as the only) line.

#REDIRECT [[Page2]]

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      The checkbox is not the opposite of what it means... If the "leave a redirect behind" box is checked, the page with the original name will "leave behind" a redirect to the new page name.

Without links to what you're talking about we can't tell if you just made a mistake.

I know it doesn't mean the opposite, I thought it meant the opposite. I figured it out now though, I moved it back to the old title and moved it again to the new title.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.