FANDOM

• So, I started a wiki to keep up with some character profiles for a big RP I'm involved with.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to make a standard page layout.  Like, I found this page: https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Help:New_page

But nothing there looks like what I have on my wiki.

I edited my MediaWiki:Createpage-with-video and it looks like what I want.  (Basically, a table of contents already filled out, waiting for information.  I would love to include one of my templates for a side bar in there, but it doesn't seem like it's possible?)

But I ... don't know how to make the MediaWiki:Createpage-with-video an option when I make a new page.  

The link up there says that I hit 'add" and then I pick a page layout, but it never lets me pick a page layout.And the standard layout is not what I have saved in the MediaWiki:Createpage-with-video page.

I'm really at a loss here.  Am I....  Am I somehow on the wrong website?  am I reading instructions for an old version of things?  Have I fallen into another timeline? (Can I go back to mine, please?)

Loading editor
    • The way I do it is create a page layout template

<infobox>
          <title source="title"><default>{{PAGENAME}}</default></title>

<image source="image"><caption source="imagecaption"></caption></image> 

<data source="age"><label>Age</label></data>

</infobox>

==Article page==
      {{{text|}}}

[[category:Character]]

Then on MediaWiki:Createpage-with-video list the source code

{{Character page
       | title =
       | image = 
       | age   =
       | text  =
      }}

And when I click "add page" icon followed by "standard layout" icon I see the MediaWiki:Createpage-with-video variables to fill in.

Loading editor
    • You can also use PreloadTemplates, which is a script made to emulate PageForms.

Loading editor
    • The problem, I've found, is that I AM in a different timeline, and my wiki is UCP.  Thank you both for helping!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.