FANDOM

• I had issues with User:Magitroopa last year with his editing on a few wiki's that I manage, but been noticing that me and User Bigteddy are being blocked by him on wiki's that we are not even part of and ever edited on. Like this one https://.fandom.com/index.php?limit=50&tagfilter=&title=Special%3AContributions&target=Checker+Fred&namespace=&year=&month=-1

https://.fandom.com/index.php?limit=50&tagfilter=&title=Special%3AContributions&target=Checker+Fred&namespace=&year=&month=-1

I have been blocked by him on a few other wiki's by him that I haven't edited on. Is this allowed blocking Users that aren't even active.

Loading editor
    • Of course it is allowed. Technically admins don't need a reason at all to block you.

Loading editor
    • It is technically allowed but is considered bad adminship. With the rollout of UCP, Fandom is also working on rolling out a new process to combat bad adminship.

Even though this process is not yet complete, the specific case of users getting blocked on wikis they don't contribute to is something staff have already been dealing with for a while. I don't know the full requirements, but, under some circumstances, staff may revert the blocks. If you want them to consider this, you will need to contact staff.

That said, I don't see what the big deal is. If you neither have nor plan to contribute to the wiki, what is the issue with being blocked on it?

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:

That said, I don't see what the big deal is. If you neither have nor plan to contribute to the wiki, what is the issue with being blocked on it?

I don't think you can adopt a wiki, if you're blocked on others. 

That could be a reason to reverse a block. 

Loading editor
    • IIRC, they overlook blocks if you have no (deleted) contributions.

Loading editor
    • That is what is supposed to happen. I don't recall which thread but on one similar to this someone else said that staff don't always do their due diligence with this respect. They claimed it was because of a flood of newer, inexperienced staff doing the reviews. However, if this does happen, you should be able to contact the staff and have them re-evaluate the decision.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:

With the rollout of UCP, Fandom is also working on rolling out a new process to combat bad adminship.

Where was this mentioned?

Loading editor
    • There was not official announcement but MisterWoodhouse replied to one of my blog comments saying something to that effect. I'll see if I can find the post.

Edit:

Okay. So it wasn't a reply to a comment but actually part of the blog. And as usual, not specifics; just general statements about "reviewing policies".

Loading editor
    • Yeah, that's very vague and doesn't indicate any specific actions have been taken.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.