FANDOM

• Mendes2
    Mendes2 closed this thread because:
    Necroposting
    15:10, October 17, 2020

FANDOM is completely independent of us. Developers implement updates, but they don't care about us, the users. A new era awaits us soon. The forum we have already lost, let us not kill and small!

AGAINST THE NEW PLATFORM!

Loading editor
    • AGAINSTTHENEWPLATFORM!

Loading editor
    • AGAINST THE NEW PLATFORM!

Loading editor
    • да заткнитесь вы уже

Loading editor
    • ForryS wrote:
      да заткнитесь вы уже

Почему мы долджны сидеть тихо в уголочке?

Loading editor
    • Yep, that'll show them.

The ship has sailed. We're getting a software upgrade. Yes, that means some deprecated features are removed, even if not everyone likes the replacements. Give actionable feedback. Don't stamp your feet like a toddler.

Loading editor
    • they're mentally ill

Loading editor
    • UCP is really bad. Why:

• Cause I found a bug that you don’t get a notification when you get a message on UCP.
      • You can’t use wikitext in comments and message walls. I guess you can’t color nicknames, you can’t give a nameplate near the nickname.
      • On new UCPs I found that you don’t get ”Hello” from the administrator when you do your first edit on wiki.
      • I guess anonymous can’t write in new comments and walls. It’s quite bad, cause a lot of wikis have anonymous as the main users.
        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      Yep, that'll show them.

The ship has sailed. We're getting a software upgrade. Yes, that means some deprecated features are removed, even if not everyone likes the replacements. Give actionable feedback. Don't stamp your feet like a toddler.

You don't have to explain it to them, they won't understand anyway.

Loading editor
    • We need to get UCP of course, but I think users won't like it...

Loading editor
    • ForryS wrote:
      Tupka217 wrote:
      Yep, that'll show them.

You don't have to explain it to them, they won't understand anyway.

I understand, I just try to criticize UCP.

Loading editor
    • Крош и Шорк wrote:
      UCP is really bad. Why:
      • Cause I found a bag that you don’t get a notification when you get a message on UCP.
      • You can’t use wikitext in comments and message walls. I guess you can’t color nicknames, you can’t give a nameplate near the nickname.
      • On new UCPs I found that you don’t get ”Hello” from the administrator when you do your first edit on wiki.
      • I guess anonymous can’t write in new comments and walls. It’s quite bad, cause a lot of wikis have anonymous as the main users.

О да, конечно./Oh yes of course.

Loading editor
    • Finn Mean wrote:
      they're mentally ill

Те, кто за ucp, или те, кто против неё?/Those who are for ucp, or those who are against it?

Loading editor
    • A rundown on your bugs

• Cause I found a bug that you don’t get a notification when you get a message on UCP.
      Not a bug, but a design choice. It's simply not worth the effort. It should work once all wikis are converted.
      Yes, it doesn't run on MediaWiki. They've promised us more advancements, they'd better deliver. Your points are hardly the worst you can make against the new walls.
      Welcome messages are broken atm. Or rather, a replacement system hasn't been implemented yet.
      From what I gather, they're evaluating that.
        Loading editor
    • Thanks for your answer!

Loading editor
    • stop

Loading editor
    • Does anyone else have any issues with UCP that they would like to share?

Loading editor
    • Крош и Шорк wrote: UCP is really bad. Why:

Notification issue got hotfixed yesterday.

Wikitext isn't supported on non-wiki software. We're looking into options for advanced formatting in future updates.

Welcome Messages aren't on the UCP yet.

Comments and Wall will get enabled for anon contributors where anon contributions are allowed.

Loading editor
    • Ok.

Loading editor
    • AGAINST THE NEW PLATFORM!

Why?:

Nasty design choice of manually uploading images

Have to add nearly everything manually in terms of templates 

Feels like a crappy ripoff

Loading editor
    • Клон Пина wrote:
      ForryS wrote:
      да заткнитесь вы уже
      Почему мы долджны сидеть тихо в уголочке?

Ты не обязан. Ваш собеседник презренный.

Loading editor
    • Even I, who am against the new platform, find your rage pathetic. Be respectful.

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Nintendon't wrote: AGAINST THE NEW PLATFORM!

Why?:

Nasty design choice of manually uploading images

Have to add nearly everything manually in terms of templates 

Feels like a crappy ripoff

I'll agree with you in terms of UI, that could be worked on a bit, but I think missing templates is due to the fact that UCP uses a different starter wiki than legacy wikis do.

Loading editor
    • MisterWoodhouse wrote: [...]

Comments and Wall will get enabled for anon contributors where anon contributions are allowed.

Will it be possible for wikis to enable/disable anon edits for the wiki and Feeds independently of each other? If not, will there be a user preference to ignore anon messages? The issue I see with this is that an anon can find a small abandoned wiki and just spam users with @mentions.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:

MisterWoodhouse wrote: [...]

Will it be possible for wikis to enable/disable anon edits for the wiki and Feeds independently of each other? If not, will there be a user preference to ignore anon messages? The issue I see with this is that an anon can find a small abandoned wiki and just spam users with @mentions.

Yes, i checked before and it's possible. The experiments page is moved to the Admin Dashboard's main page.

Loading editor
    • What is possible? From your reply, it sounds like you are talking about something entirely different.

Loading editor
    • Whoops, i didn't read the whole thing

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      A rundown on your bugs
      Not a bug, but a design choice. It's simply not worth the effort. It should work once all wikis are converted.
      Yes, it doesn't run on MediaWiki. They've promised us more advancements, they'd better deliver. Your points are hardly the worst you can make against the new walls.
      Welcome messages are broken atm. Or rather, a replacement system hasn't been implemented yet.

I highly agree, I will also add

• MediaWiki global.js is ruined because of the new platform, and I am very frustrated of it
      • Almost all css and js of everything except the chat's are corrupted as well 
        Loading editor
    • Sonic of Prodigy wrote:
      Tupka217 wrote:
      A rundown on your bugs
      • MediaWiki global.js is ruined because of the new platform, and I am very frustrated of it

This has already been fixed

What do you mean?

Loading editor
    • DaChickenKing wrote:
      Sonic of Prodigy wrote:
      Tupka217 wrote:
      A rundown on your bugs

What do you mean?

Well, it hasn't been fixed for me!!

Loading editor
    • I reported it to fandom zendesk, and they just said "Wait please for the new platform" and I am already disliking the UCP

Loading editor
      I reported it to fandom zendesk, and they just said "Wait please for the new platform" and I am already disliking the UCP

That's because it's not half done

Loading editor
    • DaChickenKing wrote:
      Sonic of Prodigy wrote:
      I reported it to fandom zendesk, and they just said "Wait please for the new platform" and I am already disliking the UCP

Ok, I get it. But I still don't want the new platform, because it ruins the js and css for months and maybe even years! I will join the people that are against the new wiki platform

Loading editor
      DaChickenKing wrote:
      Sonic of Prodigy wrote:
      Tupka217 wrote:
      A rundown on your bugs

What do you mean?

Well, it hasn't been fixed for me!!

You probably messed up your global.js around the time you interacted with the UCP wiki. If it's really not fixed still, clear your cache, and understand that imports don't work yet.

Loading editor
      DaChickenKing wrote:
      Sonic of Prodigy wrote:
      Ok, I get it. But I still don't want the new platform, because it ruins the js and css for months and maybe even years! I will join the people that are against the new wiki platform

In about 2 months they will fix the JS and CSS and you will be fine.

Loading editor
    • "You probably messed up your global.js around the time you interacted with the UCP wiki. If it's really not fixed still, clear your cache, and understand that imports don't work yet." 

I bet over 90 users are having the same issue, that is why I don't like the new platform, I want the old one back!

Loading editor
    • Sonic of Prodigy wrote: "You probably messed up your global.js around the time you interacted with the UCP wiki. If it's really not fixed still, clear your cache, and understand that imports don't work yet." 

I bet over 90 users are having the same issue, that is why I don't like the new platform, I want the old one back!

[citation needed]

Loading editor
    • The new wiki platforms have new features, sure, but the cons outweigh the pros

Loading editor
    • Sonic of Prodigy wrote: The new wiki platforms have new features, sure, but the cons outweigh the pros

UCP is like 45% done or something. They are going to fix the "cons" and then it will be fine.

Loading editor
    • DaChickenKing wrote:

Sonic of Prodigy wrote: "You probably messed up your global.js around the time you interacted with the UCP wiki. If it's really not fixed still, clear your cache, and understand that imports don't work yet." 

[citation needed]

I will let the others on this wiki share their opinions on their issue about MediaWiki

Loading editor
    • See User:Noreplyz/UCP. That list is pretty long for something that pretends not to be an an insult to users who have to use it.

That said, as much as people complain about the UCP, FANDOM/Wikia thinks of it as actually (and sadly) meeting users halfway compared to the previous stance which was: "our way or the highway".

Complaining here is absolutely useless.

If you want have even a minimal impact, you need to complain via "Contact us", because it is much harder to ignore feedback from that source. They might even have customer service metrics checking if reports were handled in some way, unlike these forums where they don't even promise to ever look at them.

Loading editor

DaChickenKing wrote:

Sonic of Prodigy wrote: "You probably messed up your global.js around the time you interacted with the UCP wiki. If it's really not fixed still, clear your cache, and understand that imports don't work yet." 

[citation needed]

I will let the others on this wiki share their opinions on their issue about MediaWiki

MediaWiki pages and MediaWiki are two different things-

Loading editor
    • As DaChickenKing said, a lot of the issues will be dealt with as Fandom continues to build the new platform. The issue is that the new platform was rushed out before it was ready. At least, that is the way user like us would describe it. Fandom prefers to think of it as a mostly functional beta test.

Loading editor
    • I'll bet they use the term MVP internally alot... this means Minimum Viable Product... something most users don't want to deal with. It's like getting a car with no air conditioning, power door locks and windows, power steering, radio, adjustable seats, automatic transmission, remote control, etc. You might get hubcaps and AM radio quickly, but it's not what you would have wanted.

Loading editor
    • Damn, yet another unconstructive hate thread, clap, clap.

You'll have to get used to the change, and google any issues you have, or suggest improvements at Special:Contact.

The features are similar, the look different. But old fandom ain't coming back, and this thread isn't gonna do anything.

Loading editor
    • I wouldn't say it is unconstructive, but the likelihood of it prompting change is very low.

UCP still has a many problems and we shouldn't just "get used to the change", otherwise UCP will just stay cr@ppy.

Loading editor
    • There's certainly some actionable criticism in this thread.

Loading editor
    • Even editing is terrible with the new platform.

Loading editor
    • Dark Fantasy1990 wrote:
      Even editing is terrible with the new platform.

How so?

Loading editor
    • KevinVolkov wrote:

Dark Fantasy1990 wrote:

How so?

Easy it goes to editor source, lacks visual editor, and the edit button disappears.

Loading editor

KevinVolkov wrote:

Dark Fantasy1990 wrote:
      How so?
      Easy it goes to editor source, lacks visual editor, and the edit button disappears.

so nobody CAN EDIT :( new platform sucks

Loading editor

KevinVolkov wrote:

Dark Fantasy1990 wrote:

How so?

It has a Source Editor, and a Visual Editor. You can select your preference in your Prefs.

The only other change is the removal of the old WikiEditor.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

Dark Fantasy1990 wrote:

KevinVolkov wrote:

Dark Fantasy1990 wrote:
      How so?

It has a Source Editor, and a Visual Editor. You can select your preference in your Prefs.

Oh. But still the new platform sucks.

Loading editor
    • Yeah!!

Loading editor
    • Suit yourself. It won't help.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

Dark Fantasy1990 wrote:

KevinVolkov wrote:

Dark Fantasy1990 wrote:

How so?

Not on mine.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      Suit yourself. It won't help.

you have 2 kudos

Loading editor
    • I really don't like the new UCP platform, but I have the sense to not storm CC with it. This is unnecessary. Fandom employees hardly read these forums. Your best shot would be to contact Fandom, but talking in a community-based thread isn't helping. 

Loading editor
    • DaChickenKing wrote: Your best shot would be to contact Fandom, but talking in a community-based thread isn't helping. 

But when you do, make sure you're specific about what you think can be improved. "I don't like it" is a wasted shot.

Loading editor
    • Ok, well the new editor takes longer for us to finish the edits with the new buttons and stuff

Loading editor
    • Anyone else have more opinions about it?

Loading editor
      Anyone else have more opinions about it?

Yes, we probably do, and they are wasted on this forum.

Loading editor
    • It would probably be better for someone to create a new thread with constructive suggestions... after reviewing User:Noreplyz/UCP, of course.

Loading editor
    • In case anyone is wondering what Dark Fantasy1990 is talking about, here is a separate thread about their issue.

Loading editor
    • Hello

Loading editor
    • Карапетыч wrote:
      Hello

Loading editor
    • Thanks for the notification... 

Loading editor
    • Another nercopost, really? No more aguring!

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.