FANDOM

• When i open a page on my wiki, and go to one of the tables, there is a thick grey border on the right of it, slightly covering the picture. Can anyone help me? This is the wiki: [1], and here is proof:

Greytableborder
      Loading editor
    • is that not a scroll bar

Loading editor
    • I don't think it is. I'll go and check.

Loading editor
    • It isn't a scroll bar.

Loading editor
    • From looking at the page, I don't see an inherent problem with the border. Got it fixed?

Loading editor
    • Not yet.

Loading editor
    • It would be nice if you gave the link to the page with the actual table and not just the wiki.

Loading editor
    • Here: [1]

Loading editor
    • That looks the right size and color to be the box shadow that indicates there is content to be scrolled. I am not sure why it appears as a solud color instead of a transparency gradient. It is working as intended on my browser. Which browser are you using?

Loading editor
    • Safari.

Loading editor
    • According to what I can find online. Safari shouldn't be having issues with this. The picture you showed seems to be the result of the box shadow's spread radius being changed from a negative value to a positive value. But I cannot figure out what would be causing this given that it shouldn't be an issue with Safari.

Loading editor
    • It looks like a Safari bug. I repro'd it. Diggin around with the inspector it seems to be caused by the "table-is-wide" class on a div... don't know how, tho.

Loading editor
    • That is the class used to apply the box shadow. Can you screen capture the applied CSS from your dev tools? I tried it on Safari mobile and couldn't reproduce the issue (and don't have Safari for desktop).

Loading editor
    • Sry, I've moved on... it's not worth my time to be honest.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      That is the class used to apply the box shadow. Can you screen capture the applied CSS from your dev tools? I tried it on Safari mobile and couldn't reproduce the issue (and don't have Safari for desktop).

I haven't applied it yet. Anyway, i think the thick grey border needs to be the shadow gradient. How do i apply it?

Loading editor
    • Graytableshadow

That article, on Brave Browser

I tried it on Firefox and there is neither a thick grey border nor a shadow gradient, but it is there on Chrome (and browsers on Chrome's engine like Brave). The shadow gradient is already applied on the table, but it only works on Chrome and similar browsers.

I'm on Windows 10 so I don't have Safari tho

Loading editor
    • Coolharry64, it isn't something you need to apply. It is something that is applied by default. What I can't figure out is why it is bugged for you.

Loading editor
    • I actually think it's the new update on my iPad. I just updated to IOS 13.5. I didn't see the border in the previous update.

Loading editor
    • Interesting. Did your browser version actually change though? If so, then that could definitely be it. I recently changed my Chrome for Windows from 81 to 83 and there are quite a few noticeable visual changes. For instance, all links are now outlined with a thick black border when I hover/click them.

Loading editor
    • Yes, my browser changed. It used to have a circle with an X, and now it has a square with an X, when you want to click off a tab.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.