FANDOM

• I want a different quote template for my wikia since I don't like the default one, but I have no idea how to go about making one. Help?

Loading editor
    • Which wiki and what do you want to change about it?

Loading editor
    • Bixler-High-Private-Eye and MyTwoDads, I'm planning on using the same template for both. I'd like a template with large quotation marks similar to the one on the AndiMack wikia, but without a box. I tried to take the code from their template and mess around with it, but I don't know enough about coding to actually make it work, and I don't want to outright copy their template.

Loading editor
    • A quote template is a table with hidden borders

Put border in to see the rows and columns

{{{1}}}

— {{{2}}}

Remove the curved border

{{{1}}}

— {{{2}}}

Change quotes to "My Two Dads blue"

{{{1}}}

— {{{2}}}

If we are finished editing, remove the border

{{{1}}}

— {{{2}}}

Let's test!

{{Quote|Congratulations! It's a girl.|Nicole}} 

Congratulations! It's a girl.

— Nicole

{| align="center" style="background-color:#fff; color:black; padding:0.5em;"
      | width="20px" valign="top" style="color:#006CB0; font-size:50pt; font-family:serif; font-weight:bold; text-align:left; padding:10px 10px;" | “
      | valign="top" style="padding:4px 10px; font-size:1em;" | <poem>{{{1}}}</poem>
      | width="20px" valign="top" style="color:#006CB0; font-size:50pt; font-family:serif; font-weight:bold; text-align:left; padding:10px 10px;" | ”
      |-
      |  
      | colspan="2" valign="top" |<div style="line-height:1em;text-align: right; color:#999"><cite style="font-style:normal; font-size:0.8em">— {{{2}}}</cite></div>
      |}<br>

Loading editor
    • THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It's perfect!!!!! :)

Loading editor
    • The quote sentence is floating a little above the quotations on my wikia. How can I fix that? (Still perfect though, I love it)

Loading editor
    • Fandom is modernizing, referred to as UCP. It seems that UCP (My Two Dads Wiki) displays quote template differently than legacy (Community Central Wiki). I have made a very changes but " Nicole" is lower than I would like.

Loading editor
    • No, it looks great!! I don't think it's too low. :) Thanks for all your help!!!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.