FANDOM

• I made a wiki but it got deleted. FANDOM said someone would reveiw it because it had a similar name to another wiki but it has nothing to do with the other wiki. This is about a roleplay that my friend made up and wanted me to make a wiki about the characers, so there should be no other wiki that relates to mine, though one of the FANDOM staff deleted it anyway. Please can someone help because I got no sleep writing a biography for one of the characters and now I have to do it all again.

Loading editor
    • From User blog:MisterWoodhouse/Unified Community Platform: The Vision, Purpose, and Process:

"When you go to start a new wiki, the system will search for existing wikis on our network which might meet your needs and, if it finds similar ones, will require you to acknowledge that a similar wiki already exists and state your reason for creating the new wiki. There are several valid options for why you could be creating a new wiki in the same overall fandom of another wiki, but we want to make sure your existing wikis are protected from competition by users who aren’t aware the wiki they want exists or - worse - are actively trying to compete with existing wikis"
        Loading editor
    • Ok, should I give the wiki a different name but I have lost the article that I wrote so is there any way of copying and pasting the article because it took a very long time.

Loading editor
    • There were cases in which the duplicate wiki policy was enforced too strictly, so you could use Special:Contact to ask staff why it was deleted/prove that your wiki definitely covered a different topic that the original one.

Loading editor
    • I though Fandom was supposed to give "duplicate" wikis a week to prove they aren't actually duplicates. It sounds like that is not happening.

Loading editor
    • If a very similar wiki exists, fandom staff might well reply asking you to change the name of yours.

But even in that case you could always ask them to rollback the wiki just to copy your biography.

Loading editor
    • Just to clarify, the issue is not the names themselves. The issue is that Fandom wants to avoid having multiple wikis about the same topic. They are just using the name as a quick proxy for the topic. If the topic of the wiki that was closed truly is different (and there were not ToU violations), then staff should have no issues with reinstating the wiki.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.