FANDOM

• Occasionally I misplace a table, but can't seem to find a way to move it by dragging or whatever.

Workaround is to copy the content around the table instead, but I feel I'm missing something? ty.

Loading editor
    • Is this a UCP wiki or a legacy wiki? Which editor are you using?

Loading editor
    • Ah! You gave me an idea - I can alternatively move tables using the source editor, of course.

It's a UCP wiki, so any way to move tables in the visual editor though? I'd assume no, but thanks.

Loading editor
    • I agree. There appears to be no drag-n-drop option for positioning the table on the page. Perhaps you could submit this to Fandom as a suggested feature. You could also suggest adding the ability to change the default table properties per your other thread.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      I agree. There appears to be no drag-n-drop option for positioning the table on the page. Perhaps you could submit this to Fandom as a suggested feature. You could also suggest adding the ability to change the default table properties per your other thread.

Where would I submit such a request? Is there a UCP-development designated special page or forum or something? Or should I just use Special:Contact? Since "feature request" or the like isn't one of their options on the reasons-for-contact dropdown, although there's a "my issue isn't listed here" option.

Loading editor
    • Yes. Use the Zendesk form availalbe via Special:Contact. Just select the "other" reason.

Loading editor
    • note to self - another feature idea: there's a cancel button when editing a forum message, but not when making a new one. note to self 2 - another idea about the fandom community navigation bar.

Loading editor
    • If you are referring specifically to the feature we are currently using, then they aren't going to do anything about that. Forum is being retired. UCP wikis cannot have Forum so as wiki are migrated to UCP, they will be migrated off of Forum.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      If you are referring specifically to the feature we are currently using, then they aren't going to do anything about that. Forum is being retired. UCP wikis cannot have Forum so as wiki are migrated to UCP, they will be migrated off of Forum.

Oh, I see... what will replace the fandom forums then? Will it be just the discussion wall thing?

Or will this specific community.fandom forum stay, sorry if i'm getting confused but this is a wiki in itself, right?

Loading editor
    • Community Central is its own wiki and will stay just like all the other wikis. What is being retired is Forum.

On legacy wikis, there are 3 ways users can have discussions:

1. Forum
        • This is what we are using for this discussion right now.
      2. Comments
        • Like Forum but found at the bottom of an article or blog page.
      3. Message Wall
        • Like Forum but found on user-specific pages and intended for conversations with a particular user.

These are custom extensions that Fandom added to the platform many years ago. MediaWiki, the core program of the platform, natively supports talk pages.

Forum, Comments, and Message Wall are not mobile-friendly so Fandom is replacing them with Discussions, new Comments, and new Message Wall. Discussions has been around for 4+ years. New Message Wall come out with UCP. New Comments is still under development but will probably be similar to Discussions and new Message Wall.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.