FANDOM

• My wiki is in a mess (cause I'm lack information to write) and I want to hide it for myself for now. Is it possible to make my wiki 'unlisted' like YouTube?

Loading editor
    • Haya! No, I'm sorry but that is a violation of Wiki Creation Policy. Basically, all wikis are open to all for editing, while what you're asking is to make a wiki *private* and that is not allowed on FANDOM.

That said, if your wiki is relatively new, it probably has not been found by any search-bots and therefore not searchable. So chances are the only ones who'll be casually visiting are those whom you provide URLS and links to.

Loading editor
    • Slight correction... the policy is called the Community Creation Policy.

Loading editor
    • I don't think you're allowed to do that fam. They are supposed to be editable by everyone. 

If your wiki is a mess, all the more reason to get more people to help you. Wikis are community projects, not personal 'one person' projects. :)

Loading editor
    • Additionally, I'm not sure why you'd want to keep your wiki hidden from everyone. Wikis are literally defined as a website that allows collaborative editing of its content and structure by its users, so doesn't that defeat the purpose of having one in the first place?

Loading editor
    • I think that this is a violation of Wiki Creation Policy..

192.168.100.1     192.168.1.1

Loading editor
    • Love Robin wrote: Haya! No, I'm sorry but that is a violation of Wiki Creation Policy. Basically, all wikis are open to all for editing, while what you're asking is to make a wiki *private* and that is not allowed on FANDOM.

That said, if your wiki is relatively new, it probably has not been found by any search-bots and therefore not searchable. So chances are the only ones who'll be casually visiting are those whom you provide URLS and links to.

Robin is correct, and in that case, I would recommend adding / creating your wiki on https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/Miraheze instead.

Loading editor
    • If you don’t want anyone to edit pages you can lock pages so only you, admins and mods of your wiki can edit it.

Loading editor
    • You're not allowed to lock every page on the wiki either.

Loading editor
    • Aubrey8 Miraculous wrote: If you don’t want anyone to edit pages you can lock pages so only you, admins and mods of your wiki can edit it.

That wouldn’t be a good choice considering how users will eventually find the wiki and will be disappointed to see that all of the pages are locked from editing.

Loading editor
    • Ya that to, but you can lock some pages then unlock them when your finised.

Loading editor
    • Protecting a page depends on what it’s used for:

• If it’s occasional vandalism, a short lockdown is best
      • If it’s more intense vandalism / spam, I would choose an indefinite lock
      • If it’s important to admins (policies, staff list, etc), the same as above would apply, except it can’t be accessed by non-admins
        Loading editor
    • If the original poster doesn't read this or reply, most of the replies aren't worth doing.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.