FANDOM

• Mostly out of curiosity - is there a way to hide the Table Of Contents on ALL wiki pages automatically?

Typing NOTOC on all pages is inpractical, especially if there were multiple editors who may forget.

Edit - A better idea actually, is there a way to have the TOC HIDDEN by default on all pages? thanks.

Loading editor
    • You can hide them with CSS. But then that would require some funny business in cases where you do want a ToC. Why do you want to hide all ToCs? They are meant to be a navigational tool. If your pages are long enough to have a ToC, I would think users would appreciate the help.

Loading editor
    • Ok, it was more out of curiosity, thanks for replying to all my stuff.

Loading editor
    • Personally, if I wanted to do what you're looking to do, I'd use Preset pages so when starting a new page, I select one with the NOTOC coding already in place. Just like the preset page with Placeholders. Then IF I want to have a TOC on that page, at time of Create New Page, I'd just erase the coding.

Loading editor
    • Since a universal hide would hide TOCs on help pages, this might be a violation of the Terms of use.

Loading editor
    • Good point. But you could always exclude the help namespace.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.