FANDOM

• I've never been able to figure out how to make a large enough layout/image to fit the Wiki's main background. It's either too small, too big, or tiles, or just comes out wrong all together. Is there anyone out there who can do it quickly for me? Thank you so much in advance!!! QueenBuffy May 20, 2020

Loading editor
    • Whether or not you can cover the entire background without tiling and without the vertical color break is determined by the image size. It must be at least 2000px wide. Whether or not you are allowed to use the image is determined by the file size. It must be 200 KB or smaller. If your image with 2000px or more in width but the file size is too large, you can try using an online compressor such as compresspng.

Loading editor
    • Alternatively, you could use CSS:

body.skin-oasis {
         background-image: url("") !important;
         background-size: cover;
      }
        Loading editor
    • Yes, but doing it via ThemeDesigner is the better option.

Loading editor
    • See that all just sounded like Latin to me :(

Loading editor
    • In that case, please provide a link to the best-quality version of the image you have.

Loading editor
    • I'm actually having the same exact problem right now.

Loading editor
    • Are you able to try what I suggested to QueenBuffy?

Loading editor
    • I tried something else on my CSS.

body {
       background-image: url("https://i.ibb.co/ph9pZNf/CA77-E9-AE-781-B-4-A82-A8-ED-D08-D9-C2-D762-A.png");
       background-color: #000000;
      }

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 The images I want to use on the Mayberry Wikia are below, with a light gray in the middle.
      Andy Don background wallpaper
      TAGS wallpaper

If it's easier, maybe message me there by clicking here? -- QueenBuffy. I appreciate ALL the help.

Loading editor
    • Which image do you want on the right and which on the left?

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 - The top image on the left, and the bottom image on the right. If you end up doing this, thank you SO much. I've tried so many times and just can't figure it out. :(

Loading editor
    • I have uploaded the image. However, since I am admin, I cannot upload it as the actual background image. It is at File:Wiki-background.png.

Loading editor
    • Awesome, I will give it a try and let you know :)

Loading editor
    • Ok, it first says this error message:
      Mayberry error

Then I try again and it says "Incorrect File Size". I'm going to open up the page so that you can try to fix it?? (Ok, you are now admin here

Loading editor
    • QueenBuffy wrote:
      Ok, it first says this error message:
      Mayberry error
      Then I try again and it says "Incorrect File Size". I'm going to open up the page so that you can try to fix it?? (Ok, you are now admin here

It appears that your image file is glitched. Try converting it to a .jpg using an online converter.

Loading editor
    • Ok, I was able to convert it, but when I upload it, the images are too large and cut off one the sides. Is there a way to fix that? Thank you all for your help!!

Loading editor
    • It is because you downloaded the WEBP version served by default. You need to access the original version. Since you have given me admin, I'll take care of it this time.

Edit:

Never mind. It looks like you figured something out.

Loading editor
    • I can see the background/sides if I minimize the main page to like 50%... but then I can't see anything to edit. No idea what's going on or why it must be so difficult. lol

Loading editor
    • I am not sure I understand. What is the issue you are having now?

Loading editor
    • Again, you can use CSS if you're having a lot of trouble sizing the background properly, but try using a converter and/or an image resizer first.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.