FANDOM

• There's a lot of images on the wiki I'm working on that don't have licenses attached to them. Is there a script/tool available that can easily add licence templates to file pages?

Also is there any way to force users to pick a licence when uploading an image?

Loading editor
    • I’m not sure if this would help, but you could add an abuse filter that catches any images or files that don’t have a license template on them. In order to request this, contact Fandom Staff to set up the abuse filter feature.

Loading editor
    • UpnCbs06 wrote:
      I’m not sure if this would help, but you could add an abuse filter that catches any images or files that don’t have a license template on them. In order to request this, contact Fandom Staff to set up the abuse filter feature.

Hmm, I suppose if it could be set up in a way where it would delete the file and then post a automated message on their wall as to why the file was deleted. Though to me that still seems a bit redundant when the problem could just get solved during the upload process, but of that's not currently possible then hopefully it will get changed/added with the UCP platform. 

Loading editor
    • Dave247 wrote:

...hopefully it will get changed/added with the UCP platform. 

Why would this get changed/added with the UCP platform? Did FANDOM staff mention anything like this?

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:

Dave247 wrote:

...hopefully it will get changed/added with the UCP platform. 

Why would this get changed/added with the UCP platform? Did FANDOM staff mention anything like this?

No, or at least not that I am aware of anyway. But seeing as how they are reworking/rewritting almost all of the code I figure now would be the best time of any for changes like that to be considered and made. In fact I think I'll send a support ticket as a feature suggestion as I believe if they want to try and enforce (or at least give the tools to wiki admins to enforce) not just for proper wiki ediquite but also for legal purposes, then having a solution at where the issue orignates would be the most ideal solution rather then the extra work of having to police it after the fact.

Anyway, searching through the dev wiki I did find a recently made script (NoLicenseWarning) that looks to simply the process of suggesting or even blocking the user from uploading a file without selecting a licence, without the need of having to use the abuse filter. Now I just need one that allows me to add a licence to a page in a few clicks, though it's not as a big deal as you can still copy/paste it would still save a lot fo time. 

Loading editor
    • It's good that you filed a ticket, because without that, there is zero chance FANDOM dev would add what you're asking for. FYI, they don't add features many users have been asking for after years of asking, so don't get your hopes up.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      It's good that you filed a ticket, because without that, there is zero chance FANDOM dev would add what you're asking for. FYI, they don't add features many users have been asking for after years of asking, so don't get your hopes up.

Totally didn't forget to send in a support ticket until I read your message. 😅

Susprinsgly though I got a response really quickly with the person saying they believe there is already existing plans for improvements, but they would make sue on on the teams list so, here's hoping. 

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.