FANDOM

• How do you add sliders with links?

How do you add sliders with links? for instance, a slider such as a "read more" button as shown below that can link to related pages. 

Asfasfad
      Loading editor
    • Use this code in the Source Editor:

<gallery type="slider">
      Image.png|Title|link=(pagename)|linktext=(This appears below the title)
      </gallery>

You can do this more then once in a slider. It can hold up to four images if I remember correctly.

Be sure to replace the Image, Title, Link, and Linktext to fit your liking.

For reference:

• The first parameter is an image
      • The second parameter is the title that appears on your slider
      • The third parameter is where you put the name of the page you want to link your slider to
      • the fourth parameter is the text below the title

The ‘Read more’ button SHOULD appear once you link your slider to a page. I highly recommend using images that are at least 670 x 360px so that they fill up your entire slider without leaving any empty spaces.

Edit: You can use the slider code in between the slider tags more then once, to be more specific.

Loading editor
    • DZeP wrote:
      Use this code in the Source Editor:
      <gallery type="slider">
      Image.png|Title|link=(pagename)|linktext=(This appears below the title)
      </gallery>

You can do this more then once in a slider. It can hold up to four images if I remember correctly.

Be sure to replace the Image, Title, Link, and Linktext to fit your liking.

For reference:

• The first parameter is an image
      • The second parameter is the title that appears on your slider
      • The third parameter is where you put the name of the page you want to link your slider to
      • the fourth parameter is the text below the title

The ‘Read more’ button SHOULD appear once you link your slider to a page. I highly recommend using images that are at least 670 x 360px so that they fill up your entire slider without leaving any empty spaces.

Edit: You can use the slider code in between the slider tags more then once, to be more specific.

thx man

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.