FANDOM

• Not sure if this is the right place to post about this but I couldn't find any other board that matches my issue.

A day or so ago, I created this wiki: https://second-extinction-game.fandom.com, I had added a decent amount of information, given the limited information available on the topic of the wiki. Today, I was editing an infobox template so that I could make a professional-looking page on the game itself, however, when I clicked on save, the infobox editor got stuck trying to save. Having encountered issues like this in the past, I didn't think much of it and expected that I'd just have to refresh and recreate the infobox. However, that was when I was greeted with this page.

I went and checked my email to try and see if I had received an email about the wiki being deleted for god knows what reason, but there was nothing, the wiki had just vanished with no known reason and now all my work has just gone down the drain.

Loading editor
    • As of March 11, there's a duplicate wiki policy in effect. You'll see it in a note in the creation process. Basically, if it covers the same topic as an existing wiki, it gets deleted, and you're recommended to work on the original wiki instead. Have you checked to make sure there's not already a wiki on Extinction?

Loading editor
    • I did when I created it, there's a wiki called "Second Extinction Wiki" but it has absolutely no content and no activity, so when I created it I clicked the "It's inactive and I'd rather administrate my own and suggest the other be deleted" option or whatever it said, adding in the other section that the other one had absolutely no content. I would have just requested for adoption but that requires that I edit for a week and wait two whole months for the admin inactivity requirement as well as a bunch of other stuff and with how completely unformatted it was, that would only hinder the quality of articles.

It seems illogical and counter-intuitive that mine with a bunch of information and continuous activity would get deleted over the one that was literally just a default wiki template with no edits made to it.

Loading editor
    • In that case, I would recommend sending a request to staff and ask for your wiki to be undeleted and merged with the other one.

Loading editor
    • Strange, it seems that there is a Second Extinction Wiki that was created by a staff member yesterday as well, so it is possible that it looked as it had no content because it was also brand new. In this case I would advice you to use Special:Contact or even to message the founder of that wiki to explain this in full.

Loading editor
    • Thanks for the advice, I've sent a request and hopefully this can all be resolved.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.