FANDOM

• As some of you guys probably already know, i'm a member of the "Seekers Wikia", and admin-wise it's a dead wikia (the front page is heavily outdated, two books in that series have come out since any admin last updated it), but community-wise there has been four non-administrative people working on the wikia in the last 60 days.

..so that brings me to my question of: how do I get the community's consent for the idea of me adopting the wikia? where do I post my explanation as to why I want to adopt the wikia? as a blog post? on my talk page? I know i'm supposed to link out people to my explanation but i'm just not sure where to post it

Loading editor
    • You could create a blog post or a post in discussions (a place where people are able to see it) and where others have a chance to reply to it. It doesn't really matter where, but it should be publically visible and it should not just be a poll.

Loading editor
    • UpnCbs06
      UpnCbs06 removed this reply because:
      Mendes already answered the question.
      21:35, May 7, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • Mendes2 wrote:
      You could create a blog post or a post in discussions (a place where people are able to see it) and where others have a chance to reply to it. It doesn't really matter where, but it should be publically visible and it should not just be a poll.

I guess my only option is to create a blog post on it, the Seekers wikia for some reason doesn't even have a discussion page? when I try to do https://seekers.fandom.com/f all it shows is "Something went wrong. Please try again. Error code: 404"

thank you so much for your help!

Loading editor
    • Not all wikis have Discussions (even very old, very popular wikis like say Narutopedia)..

Also there is no real standard for "community consent", so if you create a blog and leave messages for like the 5 most active users other than yourself to read it and give feedback... whatever you get is what you get after like a week or so. The key is that there is no active opposition.

If you become an admin, you can request Discussions be enabled.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:
      Not all wikis have Discussions (even very old, very popular wikis like say Narutopedia)..

Also there is no real standard for "community consent", so if you create a blog and leave messages for like the 5 most active users other than yourself to read it and give feedback... whatever you get is what you get after like a week or so. The key is that there is no active opposition.

If you become an admin, you can request Discussions be enabled.

ohhh.. so how far back should I go for active users? 60 days? 90 days?

And how many votes of support do I need? And what if no one responds?

...sorry for asking so many questions haha

Loading editor
    • If noone responds, noone objects.

If you have to go back 90 days to find active editors, they're not active editors.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      If noone responds, noone objects.

If you have to go back 90 days to find active editors, they're not active editors.

oh.. haha.. good thing I only went back 60 days.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.